Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Topics and Thoughts
I'm a little bored right now, so I figured I would go over a few possible improvements and things that I often hear people complain about on the TTT server. First of all, be advised, some of the rules such as Test or KOS and the Bullshite will not be on here, as there are already separate forum posts regarding those topics specifically. 

1. Maps. Some of the maps are just plain bad, and not in terms of actual layout. A few of the maps come with terrible optimization to the point where the map is unplayable in certain areas. Landing a sniper shot from a distance to the head is decently hard enough, but when you're getting around 20FPS, its nearly impossible. More than that, a few maps are prone to massive amounts of RDM, such as the doom map. Last time I played on it, there was not a single round where there was no RDM. The first 3 rounds, people were actually banned for Mass RDM, although that problem is pretty specific to that map. However likely or unlikely, the map rotation does need to be changed a little, as many maps go unplayed for any of the above reasons and more. New ones could obviously be added in their place.

2. Skins. A few of the skins on rotation have very weird hitboxes, such as the Godzilla skin. I've heard this complaint a lot, although I haven't had much experience personally with it since I suck at the game, but people who tend to use the Deagle or Bullshite to land headshots have a very difficult problem landing headshots on some skins because of the hitboxes. The Godzilla skin has the head somewhat above the actual hitbox, so a neck shot or chin shot would be a headshot. Not to mention, the tail, while as cool as it is, gives away the position of the person through walls, although that isn't a problem at all.

3. Rule changes. While I said the test or KOS wasn't going to be on here, I did have another one that comes to mind. Recently, there was a change to the rules that is incredibly frustrating and pointless. Ignoring a KOS is not KOSable, only Susable. So, if Squishy walks right past me while I'm KOSd, nobody can kill him for that until overtime. Regardless if somebody sees it or not. I had a case recently where I was the only one left alive against 3 traitors. Only 1 of the was KOSd, but two of them ran right past the other and I saw it. However, I couldn't do anything because it wasn't overtime yet. If I had fired on both of them, I could have one since they didn't see me right away. It's a plainly stupid rule, and I've already had many others agree with me. While there are certainly cases where you could be KOSd for it, most of the cases fit the new version of the rule.

I think that's pretty much all I have though. Please give opinions on these. I imagine the maps and rule change one will get specifically a lot of feedback, especially negative from experienced players. But, it's my opinion and I want to see what others think.

Messages In This Thread
Random Topics and Thoughts - by AmazingCrimsonDragon - 01-25-2018, 03:50 PM
RE: Random Topics and Thoughts - by Polar Bear - 01-25-2018, 04:53 PM
RE: Random Topics and Thoughts - by Scare Shot - 01-25-2018, 04:58 PM
RE: Random Topics and Thoughts - by Polar Bear - 01-25-2018, 06:19 PM
RE: Random Topics and Thoughts - by Spike Spiegel - 01-26-2018, 11:43 AM