Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clear moderator posts when regular players are banned
(06-17-2018, 06:20 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: I would suggest following the unban request made by cons
It was a straightforward case, clearly marked in our rules
Staff are just doing their jobs here, no need to start drama over it. Cons has requested his unban in the proper manner.

The issue is that people don't have a clear idea about what happened, and are starting drama on the server about it because of hearsay. The story has extended to say that Aiser got banned as well, which a transparency post would have cleared up.

(06-17-2018, 06:23 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: To sum up my opinion on the Chezz/Cons ban, I'm not a fan of it. Despite this, I'm also a pragmatist. This idea wouldn't work particularly well because the vast majority of our bans are for trolls, mass RDMers, and RDM and leave. Perhaps a mere 5% of all bans might be particularly contentious, such as this one. Staff members have their chance to explain their side of a situation in the unban requests of players. If their explanation doesn't suffice, the banned player or concerned community members could perhaps reach out to the staff member responsible for the ban.

I know that we have people banned fairly often for mass rdm, hacking, etc., but these people are hardly ever regular players. The players involved are people involved in the community, and when regulars are banned people start asking questions. A transparency post would take less than 5 minutes to type up and explains the staff's side of the story and the reason the player was banned.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clear moderator posts when regular players are banned - by Market Down - 06-17-2018, 06:24 PM