Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ShdSteel accidental T on T RDM poorly handled
(01-17-2019, 12:40 AM)Melo Wrote: Offender's Name: ShdSteel, Trombowen

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:1:22600863, STEAM_0:1:40370037

Offender's Rank: Regular, Trusted

What They Did: Ok, so ShdSteel and I were traitors on the Lost Temple map. We were killing people in the spawn platform. I was trying to kill oscarneva (innocent) with a SG552, and ShdSteel was trying to knife him. I accidentally crossfired and killed ShdSteel, and then killed <SK> | Wonka, which was innocent. I immediately jumped down the hole, and then ShdSteel let me know that I RDM'd him. However, it was too late for me to defib him. So he reported me, Trombowen added 2 slays on me, and I had no idea what happened, so I said I'd need to check the logs. Upon seeing the deathcam and understanding what happened, I tried reasoning with ShdSteel, to which he replied "ShdSteel to You: ur a bad man ur goin way long time". Then I explained what happened above to the public chat, which I knew there were moderators that could read it, and got promptly ignored. Then I tried chatting with Trombowen privately to explain what happened, but he just wouldn't take my word for it that it was an accident. So here I am in the forums, reporting the whole situation.

When They Did It: 2019-01-16, 2:52, ttt_lost_temple_v2, round 5

Potential Witnesses: <SK> | Wonka (STEAM_0:0:339305)

Proof: In the attachments. I couldn't download the death cam.

Other: I am rank Regular on the server. Why would I willingly RDM a T buddy, knowing that it's 2 slays on me? Moreover, why, even after all these hours of playing, would mods not believe me when I was saying the truth about being an accidental crossfire. If I did it maliciously, then I'd like both Trombowen and ShdSteel to say what might have been the reason for me to kill ShdSteel. Which, might I say, will all be able to be refuted because it was an ACCIDENT.

Generally a crossfire kill is up to the mods discretion, but you also have to ask yourself what is fair. Mr. Steel was probably waiting quite some time for that traitor round and you managed to kill him just a few seconds into the round. That's pretty upsetting for him.

Many of the T on T kills are accidents, but that doesn't mean they can be simply wiped away. If we ignored accidents every time, then there would be "accidents" 3-4 times a round.

You made the mistake and from what I can tell, Mr. Trombowen was certainly in the right to slay you both times. You made a mistake and you had to pay the punishment for it. We've all taken slays for making accidents and most of us haven't come to the forums to complain about them either.

You also shouldn't have reported Mr. Steel either. All he did was make a report when he was upset about you killing him. He did nothing wrong in this situation. He doesn't have to forgive you, especially when he is upset.

Overall, this complaint seems pretty petty to me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ShdSteel accidental T on T RDM poorly handled - by Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca De La Ley - 01-17-2019, 12:48 AM