Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What bizarre event happened at school/work?
Alright so context with this one, I am a pressman aka I print newspapers for a publications company for many locations throughout the state I live in.

We were replacing a roller. A roller is one of the things that help place the print/pictures on the paper on our 4 high machine. The 4 high is the main machine we use with 4 ink colors on it: cyan, magenta, yellow, and black. With those 4 colors we can make all the colors that we need with tweaking and setting the machine.

The roller that was being replaced had a scratch across it causing a line to appear on the entire image from the previous run, easy to replace no problem. My job in this instance is to stand nearby to fetch any tool that is needed or to take the old roller and give them the new one. I had received the old roller and handed up the new one, it weighs about 20+ lbs, the roller was for the top ink color so they were above me and I was below my coworkers ready to get anything they possibly needed. My boss had placed the new roller on the corner handrails  and made sure that it was not moving before turning back to the machine.
The vibrations from them moving along the small catwalk was enough to make the new roller roll so to speak, no pun intended and it fell towards where I was standing below. I initially tried to catch it because equipment is expensive however, during its fall it hit the shells of the lights, causing them to fall as well. At this point I put my head and down and put my hands over my head. The roller hit the machine next to me busting through the protective cover before crashing to the ground, while the light bulbs and shells landed on the other side of me causing a cloud of busted light bulb dust to go everywhere from both giant long bulbs completely shattering. If I had not moved to initially try to catch the new roller, the lights would have hit me in the head (probably) thus having glass from the light bulb hit me in the face/head. I did get hit in the shoulder from the shell but they are light and it just kinda bounced off. Shattered glass everywhere, and roller now impacted with glass, and light bulb covers on the ground with dust. I was fine and got plenty of interesting glances.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army

Messages In This Thread
RE: What bizarre event happened at school/work? - by TheUltraFish - 08-04-2019, 09:49 PM