Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What bizarre event happened at school/work?
I’ll give y’all the fun one, not the gross one
This is on a college campus on a weekend to note
In one dorm a fire alarm is set off and any parties there shut down (thanks SAE) so I go to hang out in another dorm where the off duty RAs are all hanging out and drinking. After a bit I step outside and notice that there is some smoke coming from the landing above me. I poke my head back in to tell the RAs and most run out to look. Turns out the following happened:
2 volleyball girls were cooking and set a rag on fire by having it too close to the burner. Collectively they decide the best way to put this out is to throw it in the freezer. And leave it there. After some time a third roommate comes home and sees the refrigerator smoking so she unplugs it and goes about her day. Doesn’t check why, but decides unplugging the refrigerator will fix the problem. So the fourth roommate arrives shortly after and sees the unplugged smoking refrigerator. Seeing this she checks what’s wrong and finds the washrag still on fire believe it or not. So she throws it on the landing and leaves it outside to solve itself. Which is when I step out. Now that I and the RAs get up there to see what’s going on, one of the RAs tells the girls that they should have put it in coffee grounds to snuff the fire out.
This is not an electrical fire and the girls said it’s not on fire from cooking oil, so how the hell these four roommates and 1 RA cannot fathom that WATER BEATS FIRE is beyond me.
Keep in mind that the volleyball girls are on sports scholarship and where that doesn’t cover, the Athletics department swings academic scholarships that they don’t qualify for (granted some do, but I had this told to me by one of the volleyball girls that didn’t qualify and I don’t figure these girls did) and the school trusts and pays for the RA to advise students on safety.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon

Messages In This Thread
RE: What bizarre event happened at school/work? - by Matt_St3 (Strongrule) - 08-05-2019, 05:29 PM