Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preserving Mental Health and Preventing Burnout
Something I think everyone needs to know is that as staff, you are NOT an employee. You are a volunteer. While you may be PERSONALLY obligated to help people on the server, you are never obligated in any other way to hop on to a server you don't want to be on right now. I don't know where people get the impression that "If you don't do your job and aren't super active, you shouldn't be staff and shouldn't get the next rank of staff ever", but it's wrong. I've known people that only come on once or twice a week and have gotten moderator rank, and known people on literally constantly that have never gotten above trusted. You never HAVE to be on the server (to a limited degree), so if you don't want to get on, don't, for your own sake.

You're not obligated to get on the server JUST BECAUSE you are staff. If you're feeling like you HAVE to get on the server instead of feeling like you WANT TO get on the server, something needs to change, because if you keep going like that, you are going to CRASH AND BURN HARD.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Preserving Mental Health and Preventing Burnout - by RussEfarmer - 04-08-2020, 11:51 AM