Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discord Rules/Punishment idea
Unless otherwise stated, rip out the staff discretion. It’s doing no good in the current system and is mostly allowing people to get away with things.
Edit: some of these mute times could be edited to be lower bc a day is quite a long time in some cases. That being said, if a member is breaking multiple rules, trying to use the system to get away with as much as they can, then punishments should be allowed to compound as appropriate.

Section 1: by violation 4 you should be looking at a small temp ban (maybe 3 day) and after would be longer. Too many chances imo, it should be obvious after the first few that they are ignoring the rule on purpose. 

Section 2b: should be much harsher and not staff discretion. Personal information should be treated with respect. That being said if the name is on your steam page... Maybe have a moderate and major tier, bc some people don’t mind for certain places/people to know. That part I don’t know bc a certain amount of my information is basic and everyone knows and the rest no one knows. Don’t share information with people you don’t trust: simple.

Section 2c: I’d treat as section 1

Section 2d: I’m ok with this tier, knowing that some obvious/direct cases could skip violation 1 based on discretion

Section 3a: I’m ok with that one as is. This should be a lenient one unless the person is flat ignoring the rule

Section 3b: The rules that apply should be posted and specific to the game type. There will be variation here (eg kos rule). Punishment should probably just be a temp mute/etc system to avoid players abusing

Section 4: I’ll come back to this but know - too much abuse potential on the staff side. TTT and PH have completely different ideas on what staff disrespect is when I look at ban requests.
Edit: I’m lenient here. If the member wants clarification sure, but if they want to argue it needs to be in forums or maybe I’ll allow a conversation in pms if they want to speak on it longer than public discord would allow. If they continue to argue an official warning, then move to mute if they continue. Once they start going past this it’s running into harassment of the staff of the staff member or spam depending on how they are going about it.

Section 5: ok, but also add that the message will be deleted

Section 6: ok. Staff should collect evidence before wiping messages (also that’s a general note for some above too)

Section 7: in general ok, but split violation 3 so that there is a difference between temp bans then the perma. No real reason to have the 2 month tag on this one, unless it’s their second perma or something

Towards the end, there should be a system in place of some kind. Warnings given by admin/mod+ should count as warnings. Discord mods should not backseat drive admins; that is to say do not rehandle a situation an admin previously handled. Discord mods cannot mute channels. Maybe allowed for bot threads that people interact in, and allowed to mute those bot threads people can’t interact in.

End note: avi did say she was working towards this and is assumed to be the head bc she is admin. This should be handled as a suggestion that people can comment on, but in the end there is a proper procedure to determine what the rules will be.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon

Messages In This Thread
Discord Rules/Punishment idea - by Mr Voss - 01-03-2020, 01:45 PM
RE: Discord Rules/Punishment idea - by Matt_St3 (Strongrule) - 01-03-2020, 01:54 PM
RE: Discord Rules/Punishment idea - by Avi - 01-03-2020, 02:01 PM
RE: Discord Rules/Punishment idea - by Mr Voss - 01-03-2020, 02:31 PM
RE: Discord Rules/Punishment idea - by Mr Voss - 01-03-2020, 02:37 PM
RE: Discord Rules/Punishment idea - by Mr Voss - 01-03-2020, 03:40 PM
RE: Discord Rules/Punishment idea - by Mr Voss - 01-03-2020, 06:49 PM
RE: Discord Rules/Punishment idea - by Foxka - 01-03-2020, 10:05 PM