Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discord Rules/Punishment idea
(01-03-2020, 03:40 PM)Mr Voss Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 02:49 PM)MAKEOUTHILL Wrote: Judging by this rough draft, I was unfairly muted.

In accordance with this rough draft it could be argued that your 3 day mute was unfair. 
Let's humor your situation for a moment though:

You've been a part of this community since May 2018 (in accordance with forums) and are a former TTT staff member. 
You've played over 2400 hours on Gmod which I'd say a large portion is part of the Dinkleberg's community.
I think it's more than adequate to say you're familiar with the rules of the community. 
I know you're familiar with the rules, because after posting your racial slur it was deleted. 

Now, should someone who has so much experience in the community that decides to KNOWINGLY violate a rule be treated just like a brand new player who doesn't know any different?

That is the real complexity of circumstances presented. 

I was the one who Muted you for the 3 days, I felt it was still a very minor punishment for someone with so much experience in the community.  It's nothing personal, I'd expect the same if not worse done to me if I had done such a thing. 

Moral of the story, keep such things in DM's and away from the community. 

Luckily, there's legitimate guidelines coming out to prevent such incidents from happening again. 

Except you wouldn't have muted a brand new player for 3 days. Why are they treated as if they're babies and "they don't know any better?" Seems like I'm being treated differently just because I'm supposed to know the rules, which is unfair in my eyes.

Messages In This Thread
Discord Rules/Punishment idea - by Mr Voss - 01-03-2020, 01:45 PM
RE: Discord Rules/Punishment idea - by Avi - 01-03-2020, 02:01 PM
RE: Discord Rules/Punishment idea - by Mr Voss - 01-03-2020, 02:31 PM
RE: Discord Rules/Punishment idea - by Mr Voss - 01-03-2020, 02:37 PM
RE: Discord Rules/Punishment idea - by Mr Voss - 01-03-2020, 03:40 PM
RE: Discord Rules/Punishment idea - by MAKEOUTHILL - 01-03-2020, 05:05 PM
RE: Discord Rules/Punishment idea - by Mr Voss - 01-03-2020, 06:49 PM
RE: Discord Rules/Punishment idea - by Foxka - 01-03-2020, 10:05 PM