Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discord Update
Hello everyone!  I wanted to bring attention to some new things happening with the discord server, and make you all aware of some new features that have been implemented.

First, let's discuss the new bot that was added for moderation, Auttaja.  This bot has many useful moderation commands, and some random commands for users to use as well.  Feel free to check out what commands this bot has by typing -help in the #bot-shit channel.  

With this bot, I have implemented a new punishment system, following an escalated punishment trend, which also includes 3 strikes being a temporary mute and 5 strikes being a soft ban.  This bot also has auto moderation features which will allow many things to be auto detected and removed, in which Discord Moderators can give out appropriate punishments based on what was deleted.  

We now have a report system with this bot as well.  This will make it so you don't have to find an admin/discord moderator to dm about issues, but rather send a report in so all the discord staff can have access to it to discuss the issue at hand.  This report system is only to report other users in the discord server for discord related issues, not for issues on the Gmod server.  Information on how to use the report system can be found in #discord-user-reports in the discord server.  Please note that reports are NOT for joking around with, so please don't make false/joke reports against other users.  If you do choose to report a user, please try to provide evidence when prompted by the bot to do so.

There are a couple of features that are to be determined that may be added in the future if there is interest in them from the community.  One is Voice Roles, which allows a user to join a voice channel, receive a role, and be able to unlock a text channel that only users in the voice channel can see.  This allows for more organized conversation.  The other is a Starboard.  This will allow users to react to messages/images in the discord, and after a certain amount of reactions, the message/image will be embedded in a designated channel for everyone to see.  If you have feedback on either of these features feel free to leave a comment below.

The second topic of discussion is the Discord Moderator position.  As a recent issue came to light in another discord community I am a part of, we are currently not allowing anyone under the age of 18 to be a Discord Moderator.  I know that this will make the pool of potential candidates smaller, but for TOS reasons and until we figure out a better solution to how things are set up, this restriction will be in place (I am sorry for anyone under 18 that is interested in the position, but please bear with me while I figure this issue out).

With all of that covered, I would like to encourage people to apply for Discord Moderator if they are interested.  I know we still have "pending" applications from the original pool, and I will filter through those and see what we have for them as well.  The application format can be found here.

Finally, if you have any suggestions for the discord, please let me know in the comments below or shoot me a DM on discord.  I know there have been specific complaints about things, and I am open to working with you all to find solutions, and hopefully this is a step in the right direction.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~

Messages In This Thread
Discord Update - by Avi - 02-01-2020, 03:05 AM
RE: Discord Update - by Matt_St3 (Strongrule) - 02-01-2020, 03:32 AM
RE: Discord Update - by Avi - 02-01-2020, 03:55 AM
RE: Discord Update - by Knee Coal Bowlass - 02-01-2020, 03:40 AM
RE: Discord Update - by RussEfarmer - 02-01-2020, 03:57 AM
RE: Discord Update - by Avi - 02-01-2020, 04:03 AM
RE: Discord Update - by near - 02-01-2020, 09:13 AM
RE: Discord Update - by Foxka - 02-01-2020, 09:38 AM
RE: Discord Update - by near - 02-01-2020, 10:12 AM
RE: Discord Update - by RussEfarmer - 02-01-2020, 01:16 PM