Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A long Staff Application/explanation
(03-18-2020, 09:05 PM)the shrowl Wrote: I'm gonna have to be THAT guy.

What makes us believe you won't become stressed and resign once more?

Speaking from experience, it doesn't look good when you resign and come back so soon.
I completely agree that it doesn't look good to resign and quickly return. I can make no promise that I won't resign again in the distant future, what I can promise is that it will not be abrupt like last time. Everyone takes different paths in life, and sometimes you have to step away form gaming for a while; whether you choose to resign or to take a leave of absence is an individual choice. I chose to leave abruptly because it was necessary for me. I was doing it for Me, not for a pity party. Not to get attention, I NEEDED to fix myself and I had to do it like taking off a band-aid. 
I honestly felt a bit guilty for disappearing, and for not communicating with my friends and staff members about what was going on. TO each of you, I am sorry for putting you through that. 
(03-18-2020, 09:38 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: While server time consistency is fairly subjective in the application, a handful of hours for just the past week aren’t great. Especially when considering bending the normal rules and expectations. Even considering you were just recently a mod so you would be overqualified it’s like well... We are talking just four weeks ago on a fairly sudden resignation. There are a few times myself where I’ve subjectively wanted an old mod back even if they didn’t meet requirements because I valued the quality over the quantity, but each time we’ve thought better of or denied for purposes of consistency and not opening up that door. So for trusted I’m fairly mixed, but out of respect for other times we’ve handled this and consistency I would be firmly against a return to mod (I know, you didn’t ask for that, but the discussion will come up at some point.)

Also if you’re wanting donor back I can fix forums but idk what your server status is and can’t do that

As I stated in my application, I am fully aware that my time can/will affect the results for this application. 

Honestly, I don't feel like I deserve to have Moderator back. I don't feel like I contributed enough to the community to really deserve it back upon returning/applying. 

I have donor on the server, I talked to Dink a few days ago asking for it back and he agreed. 

I appreciate both of yours and everyone else's feedback thus far. 

To put out there what happened that led to my resignation I'll try to express it and identify some of the concerns.

Over the past few months it's been a lot of back and forth with little information on my occupation side. Some of you may know that I am an Active Duty Soldier for the United States Military, and as such we get shipped around a lot to various places. Some of which we of course can't talk about. Within the past few months there was basically a lot of half information that changed on the fly, specifically pertaining to the upcoming deployment over seas. Myself and the people I work with were getting thrown around, not knowing who is deploying and who isn't. There was also A LOT of training we had to complete by the date of X, which date changed twice and went from being 2 months away to 1 week way. That can cause a bit of stress... yeah.. 

On top of this, I had recently gotten engaged back in December and had 2 months to plan a wedding for myself and my beautiful bride to be. We live in different states and are only able to communicate at night for a few hours due to her having university work to complete, and my occupational hours. Stress comes from planning a wedding, I don't care who you are.. it's there.  Luckily, the wedding went off without a hitch and I am happily married to a beautiful woman that I will spend the rest of my life with. 

Now you may look at this and think it's not much, and maybe it isn't. Let also pile on all the madness that was happening in the community at the time. Well, having this extreme stress IRL then watching the madness here really takes a toll on you. I found myself constantly tired, and not wanting to do anything really unless i really really really really really had to. 

Fast forward to now. You may be thinking "what's to stop you from getting overwhelmed again?", I'll try to keep it simple. I developed a system really, I found that when my spiritual side is out of wack I get stressed. So, to counter act this I stop what I'm doing; and say a prayer of gratitude for that which I have. Now this doesn't remove everything, but it forces me to stop and think about what really matters. It may sound silly to some of you that aren't religious/spiritual, but this isn't your technique; it's mine ^_^ I also have a magnificent wife who keeps me in check pretty good too haha 

I hope that clears a few things up for anyone that has question. If you have more questions, please feel free to DM on discord or through forums. 

Have a wonderful day/night ^_^

Messages In This Thread
RE: A long Staff Application/explanation - by The Triangle - 03-18-2020, 10:22 PM