Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discord applications are interesting.
(06-10-2020, 07:31 AM)Foxka oops Wrote: -1 last time you only did this for status and did absolutely nothing to control the discord from trolls and idiots alike. I remember specifically pinging discord mods to delete a racist/nsfw post and being told by you to not ping discord mods. Nah dawg.
Hey Foxka thanks for bringing this up! 

When Discord Moderator first became a thing we ran into a lot of problems:
- People pinging for the meme's or the lol's of it
- Discord Moderator was severely lacking in abilities to take action. 
- We had little to no direction/guidance
- There were only 2 Discord Mods

To go into detail a little bit about each of these in an effort to educate.

Within the first day of the pingable role being implemented we had over two dozen pings because people though it was funny. It only got worse from there. People would continue to ping the role over trivial things and all we could say is "take it to DM's". 

In the beginning the abilities we had were: Kick, Temp Ban, and Perm Ban. The ability to: Mute and add/remove roles did not come till way later. Thus making it difficult control the situation. Even the Warning system we used was still having issues in the beginning. We warned and warned and warned and warned, of course nothing could happen because we as Moderators couldn't mute them at this time. We had to get an Admin to Mute them or stop them from using reactions over and over again. It was both annoying and frustrating. 

The guidance given to us was very little as it was a new thing still in development. You can ask any of the current or previous Discord mods that this was difficult time to figure out how to go about punishing people without being reprimanded. To find the line of "what is too far" became difficult with no real guidance. 

Only 2 Mods. Myself and Near to manage/moderate all of the different sections of the Discord. It was a crap show. It almost seemed like with the arrival of the Discord Moderator role people decided to push the limits of things even more. It was difficult for myself and probably near too considering we are only an hour a part in time zones (once I was back in the states) and both have full time jobs. Yes, some  things were probably missed. 

Skip to here if you don't want to read an origin story

Now specifically to what you said Foxka, the NSFW thing was deleted and the situation handled by near if I remember correctly as I was at work. If you were part of the trolls that kept pinging Discord Mods for stupid stuff then I probably told you or the group to stop pinging discord Mods. I appreciate the ping for the actual issue, as the pings with real issues did make it easier to find the problem and problem people which help weed out some of the problem people in the end. 
You stating that I decided to join the discord Mods as a status is very false. I decided to join the discord Mods because I was moving and wouldn't be able to be on the server, don't believe me? Ask any of the PH staff as I put a message in our PH Staff Chat stating that I wouldn't be able to be on server due to moving from Korea back to the states. I wanted to still be involved where I could be. You are free to your opinion and I welcome the opposition along with differing opinions. 

I do appreciate you bringing your opinion/perspective here. Have a great day Foxka

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discord applications are interesting. - by The Triangle - 06-10-2020, 11:22 AM