Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing the State of TTT- The Pandemic, Toxicity, Burning out
Hello everyone. I won't try to go on a super long rant(sorry guys I'm not @Gabe ), but it's quite obvious to most playing that there have been issues on the server. The pandemic plus the beginning of summer for most is causing an influx of players and server traffic is at an all time high. While there's more guests and new players than ever causing normal issues, there are also groups of regulars and donors causing issues. I've noticed quite a few who don't care about the rules and honestly just play to cause issues. While I am working on punishing the select problem-players, it's a never-ending problem. Being an Admin, for the most part, tends to be a lose-lose situation as there are always people who oppose my decisions. I try my best to make the server a place where everyone can come on and have a good time but I can't please everyone. Luckily I've mostly accepted that already and if there has to be a bad-guy in the community, I would rather it be me than any of our younger staff members a some are still quite young.

The server can get pretty toxic on peak hours in the day, and it's causing a lot of the active staff to wear down quicker. We as staff try our best to moderate the server but it's gotten out of hand at times and you're witnessing quite a few staff taking breaks. This isn't a surprise to me, in fact I've encouraged it. Everyone deserves a break, regardless of if you are staff or not. At the end of the day, you gotta realize that we're all humans and we have issues and make mistakes. It's nothing larger than a video game we join with friends to have fun, and yet there are still others who don't grasp that concept. 

I decided to make this thread to help lessen the divide between staff and the player-base. We're all members of this community and we should be getting along, not fighting and devolving into cliques. So take some time and make a comment on this post describing any issues you believe need to be discussed. Here are some questions I'll ask anyone who reads:

1. What can staff do better?
2. What can the playerbase do better?
3. What can I as Admin do better?
4. What can you as a player or staff member do?

I've always believed in being open about how I administrate the TTT server from since before I was even a Moderator. And although I haven't been Admin super long I still believe everyone should be free to discuss things. From the loyal players who still enjoy getting on and playing, to those who have come to hate the server and those who staff it. I value everyone's opinion and I want to hear yours. If you don't wanna publicly say anything, message me on Discord.

Some rules to posting on this thread:

1. Don't shitpost or start side-conversations. I'll delete your message and warn you and if you do it again I'll reach through the screen and strangle you. I don't want the thread to be super-duper serious, but I also don't want it to be pointless. 
  2. Do not, under any circumstance, attack any other community member. There is a very large difference between discussing an issue and directly attacking someone.
  3. Do not be toxic. Should be self-explanatory you would think. Well you'd be wrong. 
  4. Know when to snip quotes. I don't wanna read the same thing over an over. In fact we even have a fancy new spoiler system you can use to shorten messages!
[Image: b_560x95.png]

Messages In This Thread
Addressing the State of TTT- The Pandemic, Toxicity, Burning out - by Knee Coal Bowlass - 06-17-2020, 05:20 PM