Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing the State of TTT- The Pandemic, Toxicity, Burning out
(06-18-2020, 03:23 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: That's what they have the staff discord for. Like Nicol said somewhere else, they have a watchlist of people who are problematic on the server. 

This idea of yours would also require somebody to keep all of the evidence sorted so that nobody is banned off of evidence meant for someone else. I know that sounds silly, but the staff are humans too. They're bound to make mistakes. Who would be the person that has to run through the evidence to prevent something like that? Nicol? He has enough on his plate as is.

I don't know, just seems a little unrealistic to me.
Staff. That is the problem word here. not everyone can access the staff forums. 

The thing is, the absolute worst of the problem comes from that small portion of trolls who knows how to not have enough evidence on them to get them banned. But still, there are going to be tiny pieces of evidence that people gather despite this. It won't be enough to get something done, so they don't post it and the troll goes scott free.

@"Noire" I don't know how the discord user report bot works, but would it be possible to get a variant that asks for steam ID, a couple of short tags to describe the reason (rdm, chat spam, toxicity, micspam, etc), and the evidence, then saves the evidence into a folder named with the steam ID, naming the evidence files with the reason tag and differentiating them by adding a number (like RDM1 RDM2 and RDM3 for three pieces of rdm evidence? No one who isn't staff can see this, and then those little bits will build up to go a long way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Addressing the State of TTT- The Pandemic, Toxicity, Burning out - by Saitama - 06-18-2020, 03:35 PM