Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing the State of TTT- The Pandemic, Toxicity, Burning out
Been debating if I should respond or not, but I guess why not. I have nothing better to do. This is just how I've perceived what's been happening in the server as I've started to get on for a bit. This is also just based off my own experience, and what ever I say I always give the benefit of the doubt since I can't see behind the scenes. Take this as you will with just a grain of salt I guess.

I think there's been this consistent problem during my time here with inconsistency with enforcing rules. I see a lot of hostility or simple things like people getting away with shit they shouldn't be like racial slurs. Just to dive deeper I think for the hostility it narrows down to the kind of environment the server is in rn.
(u can call me a hypocrite it's ok I already acknowledged that I've been guilty of being inconsistent before lmao)

There are times I see borderline harassment happening, but because it's so borderline I don't really see staff (not pointing fingers nor saying all staff) taking the initiative to do something about it. For example I asked in admin chat if anyone's going to gag specific people for harassment, but someone (I don't even remember who) said they'll start watching out for it BECAUSE the victim had asked the group of people to stop after a while. Why not take the initiative to simply !psay them and ask if it's making them uncomfortable if you can't tell if it's harassment or not? Maybe it's because the "haha troll!!" attitude happening. While yeah I'm definitely part of that, it's just because if I take anything remotely serious it'll just get me stressed out. If you can't beat em then just join em especially when I'm trying to have a good time. Not to say that it's an excuse, or even that it's a problem. The thing is I just see the harassment, and in applications you commonly see "I want to help the server out!". Well the community makes up the server so why not take the initiative to do something about it? It's not hard to prevent more serious problems happening and having it extend for that long. 

**This isn't a direct attack at anyone/staff as I purposely didn't care to note who did what because the example I went into is just simply an example that I remember best; this is something I personally feel that could be addressed as a whole to simply be consistent and take the initiative when you can. I know how shitty it feels when people put the blame solely on one side, but I'm not trying to do that here. I still do see staff doing a good job. It's just the little things here and there that can add up.

For the player base it can be obvious if you care or not. If you care you know what to not do, and if you don't then I mean you do you. Everyone got their own means of having fun. Just at your own expense how you use your time and if it comes at a price. Just keep in mind not everyone's going to have the same outlook as you, but rules are rules. Staff just try to enforce them.

nicol gay.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Addressing the State of TTT- The Pandemic, Toxicity, Burning out - by Hani - 06-18-2020, 05:24 PM