Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everything wrong with PH and why its dying
(04-02-2017, 12:31 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(04-02-2017, 12:02 PM)ProReborn Wrote: The issue here is you're trying to glorify and propel forward a mature community within Garry's Mod, on a game mode on a decline currently. Right now I'd say RP and TTT are in their primes. Prop hunt attracted younger audiences from the gate. Youtube is flooded with Prop Hunt videos targeted at the younger audiences. Currently, the average GMOD player is much younger than a CSGO/Battlefield player. GMOD is silly, and therefore attracts more of an immature audience.
It's not you, or staff, it's interest.
Games with mods are over saturated with prophunt game modes. COD now has servers everywhere with it, and now is supported as an official gamemode in MWR. It's player interest.
Right now if the server wants to stay afloat we need to cater to everyone.

GMOD isn't the game to ask for an "Age Gate", far too many mixed ages ranging from 10-30.

I understand where you are coming from, but im not asking for a strict age gate. Right now we are in a positive feedback loop, where lack of staff control means that noobier and more nieve people have control. This drives others away, killing player diversity. PH has always had kids, but the lack of control of these kids has killed the other people who play.
You do realize that you are a part of the immature group right? Like Fozzy said, I have seen you on the TTT server and how you conduct yourself not only as an admin of PH but as a staff memeber of the community. It's disgraceful what you do on TTT on a regular basis, you even go as far as to get gagged and muted for mic spam (another hint at the childishness) and usually break rules on the get-go.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Everything wrong with PH and why its dying - by Foxka - 04-03-2017, 10:15 AM