Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twitch/Youtube Streamer Guidelines While Streaming TTT/PH
Hey all,
So I was thinking that since I have seen a couple of folks stream Prophunt or TTT on Twitch and we have seen a couple of guests streaming, I have had some concerns around ghosting as well as some other folks have as well. I do have a recommendation for some guidelines and rules around this. 
  1. Avoid showing other people's spots as a Prop in PropHunt when you are alive. I typically do this by switching off of my game in my sources until I find my own spot and everyone is settled. By showing my own spot I understand people might use it to find my spot but that is my responsibility and I am giving away my spot by streaming it. In some ways this is similar to giving away my own spot by telling people where I am or giving hints. I don't mind it myself but I would never show other people hiding or their spots on stream. 
  2. When you die as a Prop in Prophunt, instantly switch off of your source using a shortcut to avoid showing other player's spots while spectating (you get a bit of time while the game shows you who killed you). At this point I typically go into free cam mode, switch back my source, and just watch the map or follow hunters around. 
  3. As a Hunter in PropHunt, there isn't anything that can be used against the props or any info that isn't available to others so its should be okay to show your hunter round. 
  4. Ghosting in TTT is a bit harder to manage as a Traitor since you can't hide the T above people's head so my recommendation here is to hide the screen completely during your T round to avoid ghosting teammates.
  5. Being an Innocent or a Detective in TTT would be okay to show since there isn't any info there that isn't available to others.  
I used to use keybinds in OBS to switch sources but now I use the Stream Deck software with my keyboard's G keys to do the same thing. 
My point here is that streamers should not show any information that would be considered ghosting. I know it would be considered the ghosting rule but having a guideline around streaming might help the players on the server enjoy the game without having someone use other's streams to find out where they are. This would also help guide the streamers away from breaking the rules.
[Image: s1bMrsR.png]
[Image: l4704yy.png]

Messages In This Thread
Twitch/Youtube Streamer Guidelines While Streaming TTT/PH - by B0T. ikillyou - 08-13-2020, 02:33 PM