Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Large Amount of Staff Flaming and Generalized Tomfoolery
Hey all.

Normally I'm not one to complain about things like this, I tend to be a pretty passive guy when it comes to almost anything..

However.

I feel we should enforce staff disrespect more. I recently played a few maps alongside bryanbrr and we encountered quite the range of hooligans that were dead set on causing issues not only for the staff, but for those who were on the server itself. Constant pissing and moaning about slays, revenge rdm for reports, and endless flaming of staff.

I normally could not care less if someone makes a complaint to me or if someone gets triggered and dms me ASAB 27 times. I have pretty thick skin and normally just go along with it just to kind of appease everyone and not alienate the staff from our community. That said, I think I can draw the line of causing issues for the whole server, namely those who are not a part of our community (yet) or those who are just trying to have a pleasant evening playing on their favorite server. I feel it doesn't bode well to have this sort of stuff tolerated as it can give the appearance of us running a clown show.

I have also seen exploitation of the warning system, which is normally dissuades those who flame/troll/be a dick, resulting in people just quick saying as many slurs as they can before they have to leave, or just borderline flaming just to kind of teeter on the edge of what us as staff can reasonably warn for.

I don't see issue with the systems we have in place, they seem to be well designed to handle such things. Recently, I have seen much more of an uptick in overall staff dislike, (Which can mostly just be chalked up to "haha admins more like badmins" or "ASAB" or someone just wanting to go along with the meme), and it makes it hard to make the tough decisions which of course always get picked up as evidence for the staff being bad or whatever. It makes it hard to do our job and keep our community thriving.

I am not proposing one single solution to this, but rather asking upon yall to share your input and see if there is something we can do to help remedy the current state on the server.

Messages In This Thread
Large Amount of Staff Flaming and Generalized Tomfoolery - by Toaster Oven - 10-05-2020, 09:54 PM