Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Large Amount of Staff Flaming and Generalized Tomfoolery
(10-05-2020, 11:48 PM)The Triangle Wrote: Upon deciding to join the staff team the thought never crossed my mind that everyone would respect me and fellow staff members, nor the idea that we would be liked by all.

This. Having to shut down what people do in not only game servers, but real life as well, is a necessary evil. I want people to be able to have fun the way they want to have fun, and if everyone just got along and respected each other, we wouldn't need moderators. That's not possible though, so you have to draft volunteers to enforce a four page rule list just so people aren't being complete assholes to each other.

People seem to have the impression that staff only exist to mess with people and ruin everyone's fun. They don't. I don't want to have someone messaging me that someone is spamming the N word and I need to roll out of bed and do something about it, I don't want someone to join the server and have someone flip their dollar store hacked client all the way up and completely ruin a round, and I don't want to open a new thread and think about how to diffuse 30 different people spewing all kinds of garbage on some poor mans unban thread. If staff didn't do that though, this entire community would be an unsalvageable mess full of trolls that only give basic respect to the people they play Rainbow Six with. Nobody wants that.

Edit: You all watched the first presidential debate right? They both wouldn't stop screaming over each other long enough to say anything meaningful? In an ideal debate, that moderator shouldn't be there. But ideal scenarios aren't a thing, so they have to drag a poor guy in to shut them up and keep the debate rolling along. Same applies here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Large Amount of Staff Flaming and Generalized Tomfoolery - by RussEfarmer - 10-06-2020, 12:26 AM