RDM and Leave, possibly Constant RDM
Length of Ban: 
Permanent
Reason for Admins to Unban: 
Wrongful ban / Overescalation of punishment / missing context
Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): 
No
Other:

Hi, so basically, I was banned according to these screenshots under the context of "constant RDM" and "RDM and leave"
https://imgur.com/a/stfu8ny

I'll break down each one because there's a fairly clear reason for each one and overall at most, there's only one RDM, and it was accidental at the most, I'll explain below.

Round1:
Only damage I dealt was to Henry, whom we were mutually having a 1v1 battle with deagles/revolvers. In this case, I headshot him and won. No RDM here, mutual 1v1 and done, that's it.
Round2:
Again, only damage I dealt was to Henry where we had another 1v1. Clearly I'm the better shot and he's just a bit impaired when it comes to aiming his mouse properly
Round3 Screenshot1:
I melee'd him as we were walking around, that's it. If that's unacceptable then I should've been slain or something for it, that's it.. Additionally if he was pissed off at that then it should've been his responsibility to send a ban request regarding this, not Jordanian Sniper.
Round3 Screenshot2:
This is the only actual "RDM" I would consider valid in ALL of these screenshots, and even then, it was unintentional / good intentioned RDM, which obviously happens. Jordanian had killed Henry in the previous screenshot and ID'D the body, however, I had not realized that he had ID'D Henry as a traitor. As such, I shot him because I thought Jordanian was a traitor. Unfortunately, this was my mistake and I will completely admit that I did "RDM" Jordanian Sniper, however, it was for reasoning that I had thought I was right on, which I was incorrect.

I'm fairly certain that I also messaged in chat to Jordanian after we were both dead that I had thought he had shot an innocent and that I didn't realize. Although, I may be wrong on this so I don't want to claim that for certainty

After that, I did indeed disconnect, but that was because I had online class in ~5minutes and had to get ready for it, and since I was dead for the round and figured nothing had gone really wrong other than an accidental RDM of Jordanian, and I figured "oh well". Should I be/should I have been slain for that? Yeah sure, and I'll gladly take a slay or a few for that but I certainly don't think that should be perma-ban worthy at all.

So to sum up, the only actual RDM that occurred was one instance on someone who I had thought was a traitor, but I was incorrect on. 

I have contacted Henry on Steam and asked if he would be able to corroborate what I have said, and he has agreed so I'm assuming he will comment on this thread after it's posted.

Thanks for reading and taking a look at this post, the only other thing I have to say is that it's kind of disappointing that I got banned off these logs without having real context and that it wasn't investigated that much, especially since I'm also a donator so I have a monetary investment in this server. And I'm not trying to say I shouldn't be banned because I'm a donor, but that I would've appreciated some more investigation before issuing a permaban. Hopefully this will be seen soon and resolved so I can rejoin the server that I enjoy playing on.

Messages In This Thread
assistant to assistant owner unban request - by assistant to assistant owner - 10-22-2020, 11:57 PM