Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing Communication: Staff and Players and Preventing Repeat Situations
The goal of this thread is not to throw the blame on any particular group of staff members or to even focus on this one particular situation. That's not a helpful exercise. 

The goal of this thread is to make sure it doesn't happen again. 

The staff team here fucked up, and in a large part, that includes me. I recognize now that I should have ignored the guidance and banned this creep earlier than I did. But again, that's not the point. We need to focus on the future. We need to learn from this to make sure this doesn't happen again

Going Forward
- Less tolerance of creeps. Social awkwardness or a lack of social etiquette is not something we can just casually excuse. Harassing behavior or giving unwanted attention to players, especially females, is not something we can just attribute to someone being an "incel" or any other excuse. We allow a lot on our server, but there are is a basic requirement that every player must conform to - respecting other players. 
- A more avid use of the watchlist - whether that be actually reading it, searching player's names, or adding onto it with behavior your observe. 
- More communication between staff and admins. Admins are busy and apparently can't be bothered to read the watchlist or other channels in the staff Discord to keep themselves apprised of situations. A PM on Discord can perhaps ensure they are aware of deteriorating situations. Admins need to also better communicate with each other.
- More communication between players and staff - If we don't know about a situation, we can't help. Captain Price was known for sending private messages to players, besides just the targeting in voice chat. We can't see private messages. Please let a staff member know and take screenshots. 

Let something good come out of this whole mess, please. 

This requires everyone on the staff team to be on board.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Addressing Communication: Staff and Players and Preventing Repeat Situations - by Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca De La Ley - 11-16-2020, 10:55 AM