Unban Request (At least 30 days later)
there might be some strong polarization over this, but i’m gonna +1 shitter’s unban request.

Although theres a glaze of comedic irony over shitter’s unban request, I feel as though theres enough hint of genuine sincerity and apology in his request, that warrants us to at least give him another chance. I had dealt with and tolerated shitter for a good amount of time before his infamous ban, and during that time I hated many moments of that man’s screeches and trolls on the voice chat, however shitter did supply the late afternoon ttt community with some good laughs too. I believe my credentials as someone who put up with shitter, to be a valid point to weigh on my argument. If shitter is unbanned, I am willing to be apart of the staff that has to potentially put up with him once more. Im reasonably convinced that shitter has put in enough effort and time during his ban to prove to us staff members that he’s worthy of at least another chance. Worst case scenario, shitter wreaks havoc on the server once more, but I’m willing to be there for it, I’m willing to put in the potential effort if needed. I have the credentials and tenure to back this up as someone who was occasionally a shitter victim indirectly. If I hop onto the server one day and see “the mad shitter has been unbanned” im prepared to face either consequence; a more mellow, considerate player, or a troll who is stuck in his ways. It’s been a month since shitter’s presence and the wounds have been healed by time. I believe that any human has the ability to change in any span of time. Humans are fallible yet resilient, and malleable beings. 

Even though theres some deeply satirical moment’s in shitters post, “on par with a COVID nurse technician fighting on the front for public health. You do amazing work.” Like the part where he compares Raider Hanks to a frontline COVID nurse, theres also some convincingly tender moments “After careful consideration and conversation with certain community members I have come to regret my actions and desire to apologize and make amends for the first time since my joining this server.” shitter, makes a convincing point with transparency, that he would like to see this community again. It should be obvious to the average reader that certain points of shitter’s essay are at times vaguely relevant and grandiose, but one should realize his essay is far too coherent and compelling to be brushed off as a complete troll. the mad shitter has put in the effort, albeit verbose and uncanny, to ask the small favor of staff letting him back in. Goodluck mad shitter.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unban Request (At least 30 days later) - by ♥ two rats - 11-26-2020, 05:14 PM