Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Third times the charm.
OKAY PAULING

Lets get down business. I know I may repeat a lot of what others have said but I dont care. Yes Pauling can be brash but I like to think we need a bit more wild in the server.
I have witnessed her in game a bunch as we play a lot together. Now, we have to remember that this IS A GAME, an online game. There is always going to be trolls and jerks that come on, and Pauling is able to combat them with a very different attack than most staff. I have see her sass back to trolls and on occasion it has had a very interesting result, sometimes the trolls being to respect her because she doesnt automatically shut them down which other staff tend to do. They listen when she tells them to chill and such, instead of escalating and fighting with staff. Now this doesnt work all the time but when it does it is magical. I say this because in the past I have shut down trolls and others so quickly that it kills the game almost, instead of possible banter, the server goes quiet. ( you know i dont use that word lightly) and sometimes people prefer a completely silent server but I dont, I like to hear people enjoying the game, having fun, and even making new friends. Yes the conversations can take a turn and then discipline has to be enforced, but not always and not always in the same way.
Pauling has grown since becoming staff but her attitude is still something people have a problem with, "shes rude", "her binds are inappropriate" "she called me a doorknob once and it hurt my feelings"... we really need to remember that the server rules say to keep it PG-13, idk if many of you know what that means but it means that most stuff can be said as long as it doesnt cross the furthers of lines or R rated. Having fun with the binds or reasons for punishments isnt a bad thing, we all have different ways of saying the same thing. Some are just more blatant and fun.
Again, this is an online game and staff are not paid therefore we are not required to follow most "professional" rules. We are encouraged to act in a certain manner but most of our rulings do end in staff discretion, which means we can act accordingly and morph the rules if it necessary to the situation. Pauling listens to other staff and knows when to let them help and handle something if its gotten out of her hands or she informs us of what has happened and what she will do about it. She doesnt act alone in many of her decisions and I for one have her back, even if having her back means telling her to cool it. Staff are humans and have emotions so it is fair to help each other whenever they need it.

Pauling has become even a metaphorical mother figure to a lot of people on the server, some of those even including individuals who were trolls at some point. I have heard many say she is like the badass biker chick mom/aunt that people respect and listen to. She has a crunchy and weird exterior but on the inside shes all goo.

+1 Pauling. We need your sass on occasion.
[Image: drunk-possum.jpg]
MEEP.
STOP FUCKING PUSHING ME.

Messages In This Thread
Third times the charm. - by MissPauling - 02-21-2021, 02:53 PM
RE: Third times the charm. - by TheUltraFish - 02-21-2021, 03:38 PM
RE: Third times the charm. - by real (4) - 02-21-2021, 04:19 PM
RE: Third times the charm. - by real (4) - 02-21-2021, 05:13 PM
RE: Third times the charm. - by Abdel - 02-21-2021, 05:50 PM
RE: Third times the charm. - by Blurgh - 02-21-2021, 05:56 PM
RE: Third times the charm. - by Aki (♥ω♥) - 02-21-2021, 06:51 PM
RE: Third times the charm. - by Speedydog - 02-22-2021, 02:42 AM