Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should the r word not be allowed to be said at all in the discord?
(03-14-2021, 09:59 PM)Stress Queen Wrote: Retard gives off the wrong vibe to me.. you can argue it's just a synonym for idiot, stupid, moron, etc. but you can't ignore its connection to mental disabilities.. I can definitely see how people would be more offended at someone saying they have a mental disease that automatically makes them dumber than everyone else as opposed to just being called stupid the regular way.

That said, it's a TTT server. It's just that kind of crowd. Discord makes more sense, but I could never see this being enforced on the server itself.
moron-as a medical term denoting an adult with a mental age of about 8–12
fa***t -in reference to Odd Fellow  "bundle of sticks," as something awkward that has to be carried
we can play this game if we want and say that words that have innocent origins are fine but those with origins that denote a disability are not but by that logic the f word should be allowed and the m word shouldnt. Pretty silly. Words are fluid but intent isnt. Are we focusing on every detail of the word or the intent behind it? Because to gen z, the word retard has been common vernacular since 5th grade and means the exact same thing as moron, idiot, etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should the r word not be allowed to be said at all in the discord? - by GM Nate - 03-14-2021, 10:16 PM