Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing Transparency in Discord Warning for a Hypothetical Joke
I think you are misunderstanding Discord TOS in a situation like this. The Discord Community Guidelines are an extension of the TOS, which references using ban evasion/methods of circumventing bans as a break in TOS, however, this is only in reference to Discord related evasion (either circumventing user blocks on Discord or Discord server bans). Their TOS covers other issues regarding games, circumventing, etc. but not in reference to forum ban evading.

I hit post before I finished my post so an addition to this:
I never wrote the Discord staff guidelines to be this strict. It followed a method I know works well of informing before warning. I understand I've been gone so things may have been changed but considering the accused Moderator in this situation has said they ignore the guidelines, that should be looked into considering this situation.  At most, it's a joke, and I highly doubt it will cause an issue that is already well known in the Gmod community. I honestly think it's a sad excuse to keep a warning on someone. There have been many discussions on how ban evading works, and I'm sure you can find this same information here on the forums or anywhere online.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~

Messages In This Thread
RE: Addressing Transparency in Discord Warning for a Hypothetical Joke - by Avi - 04-02-2021, 04:13 PM