Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VOTE HERE TO BAN BHOPPING FROM DINKS
Okay now that I have your attention it's time to have a discussion about good ol' bhopping. If you don't know what bhopping is, if you've ever seen someone hopping around really abnormally fast, and they are near impossible to shoot and kill, that's bhopping. 

To reiterate the argument I made during the town hall, which so many of you loved, bhopping should not be in our game. While I recognize that this is a skill that anyone can learn, the fact remains that this is still an exploit that allows a player to move in a way the game did not intend. I believe that allowing this to take place discourages new players who get killed and enables a constant frustration to regular players. I would estimate nearly 90% of players on this server do not bhop and never will. I think the discussion on this topic is heavily biased because if you are here right now reading this, that already means you are in the top 10% of the server. This includes our staff and most of our really old members. It makes sense that all these people would want to keep bhopping, but the server would still be better off without it. New player retention would go up, regular player frustration would go down, and the old players and staff will still get to kill plenty.

Furthermore, allowing any bhopping at all is just a gateway for bhop scripting which certainly is illegal and can only really be caught after a pretty involved investigation and is usually only done by higher level staff.  

TL;DR: Should bhopping be banned? Or is it a vital part of the game?

Come at me. "Git guud scrub".
Respect your elders

Messages In This Thread
VOTE HERE TO BAN BHOPPING FROM DINKS - by Jaerixon - 04-21-2021, 07:45 PM
RE: VOTE HERE TO BAN BHOPPING FROM DINKS - by David - 04-22-2021, 08:03 AM
RE: VOTE HERE TO BAN BHOPPING FROM DINKS - by David - 04-22-2021, 10:09 AM
RE: VOTE HERE TO BAN BHOPPING FROM DINKS - by David - 04-24-2021, 02:16 PM
RE: VOTE HERE TO BAN BHOPPING FROM DINKS - by David - 04-24-2021, 03:37 PM