Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VOTE HERE TO BAN BHOPPING FROM DINKS
(04-21-2021, 08:18 PM)Russ the Stress Queen Wrote: Bunny hopping is not an exploit, it's Source engine physics working as they were programmed. Bunny hopping has been known since the release of Quake in 1996, and is still in games running the Source engine like Titanfall 2 and CS:GO. This "exploit" is 25 years old. If it was an exploit, it would have been patched before I was born. It's not an exploit.

Now onto the actual question, bunnyhopping should remain allowed. HOWEVER, as it stands right now, it's broken. This is because the sv_airaccelerate cvar is set to an extremely high value of 1000 (the default is 10) as I explained in this thread. This makes it extremely easy for players to build high speed and control movement extremely precisely in mid air.

This video shows a comparison of bunnyhopping with different values of sv_airaccelerate. Setting this value lower would solve a lot of the gripes about bunnyhopping being too powerful, because it would be much less easy to perform.

Now here is an opportunity for a compromise I can get behind! What would you suggest the acceleration value be changed to to be more fair?

Messages In This Thread
RE: VOTE HERE TO BAN BHOPPING FROM DINKS - by Jaerixon - 04-21-2021, 08:25 PM
RE: VOTE HERE TO BAN BHOPPING FROM DINKS - by David - 04-22-2021, 08:03 AM
RE: VOTE HERE TO BAN BHOPPING FROM DINKS - by David - 04-22-2021, 10:09 AM
RE: VOTE HERE TO BAN BHOPPING FROM DINKS - by David - 04-24-2021, 02:16 PM
RE: VOTE HERE TO BAN BHOPPING FROM DINKS - by David - 04-24-2021, 03:37 PM