Kessler's unban request
I appreciate that Kessler respected my right to remain anonymous and Jammin’s generous offer to serve as a liaison and post on my behalf. I realize, however, my unique writing style would make it overwhelmingly obvious who I was. 

I have already stated (see Step 7) that I do not wish to be involved in the decision-making process so I do not have any comment on the punishment selected here. As I mentioned in Step 8, however, concerns have been raised in the past about Kessler which continue to leave me uneasy. 

Step 1) I am playing on the server and another player asked me to share a Spotify playlist with them. I provided the link in the chat so they could check it out. I admittedly should have done so through a private message, because I shouldn’t expect others to not click a link intended for someone else. 

Step 2) Kessler also went to the trouble of clicking y, opening the chat, and copying + pasting the link. It is important to illustrate what opens up when you search for a spotify playlist. Included is an image of what a playlist will look like in a web browser (the browser will also prompt you to open the playlist in your own spotify client). Note the red circle which illustrates the username and how small and non-prominent it is compared to other elements. I have a username on my account, not my full name.

[/url][Image: spotifyappearance.jpg]

Step 3) Kessler chose not to listen to the great tunes included in my playlist or explore the other playlists that I have created, which he could have done so by simply clicking my username. Spotify does not link to any other accounts, save for Facebook. I do not have Facebook linked to my profile. 

The information that Kessler searched for required sleuthing. They took the username on my Spotify and searched it on Google. This act of actively searching for more information on a person is an issue, in my book. 

In fact, I actually stated my own policy on what I would consider doxxing quite recently in our own staff chat. 

[Image: nickyspolicy.jpg]

Step 4) I got off the server for the night. It was quite late and I had already played for around two hours at that point. I had posted the link to my Spotify playlist over an hour prior to my departure. 

Step 5) Mere minutes after I had gotten off for the evening, Kessler posted my Twitter account into the chat. Again, my social media accounts are not linked to my Spotify, nor are they on my Steam or Discord profiles. I came across this while looking at the relay chat about an hour thereafter. I deleted it, but took a screenshot first. 

I find it very suspect that one would have copied and pasted the link to someone else’s social media profile unless they intended to share it with someone else. 

[Image: IMG-2078.png]

Step 6) I posted in our staff chat that Kessler had engaged in an activity which I had considered to be “kinda doxxing” at the time. I posted this in our staff chat at 6:01 AM prior to raising the issue with Kessler in private messages. Several staff members inquired further about my comment, to which I answered them honestly and in accordance with what I previously communicated with Kessler. I communicated this experience to the staff in the event that they had heard anything similar about Kessler and so that they could keep a lookout for similar infractions in the future. 

[Image: qanda.jpg]

Step 6.5) I discussed the issue with Kessler from 6:03 AM to 6:06 AM where I told him that I was upset, but was not going to pursue it any further. Kessler provided an explanation to me which seemed fishy, but quickly apologized - which I appreciate. 

Step 7) At about 8:30 PM that same day, I was informed by a server admin that the events which occurred did constitute doxxing. I was asked if I wanted to pursue a permanent ban, to which I stated that I did not wish to be involved in the decision-making process. 

[url=https://i.ibb.co/FBDsJSC/dumbo.jpg][Image: dumbo.jpg]

Step 8) Upon request, I provided evidence of what had transpired. I reiterated the fact that other staff members have raised serious concerns about Kessler and that I myself had warned him for making inappropriate comments about children. 

Step 9) The admins came to a decision and Kessler was banned for doxxing. 

Messages In This Thread
Kessler's unban request - by Kessler - 04-28-2021, 03:26 PM
RE: Kessler's unban request - by misstie6731 - 04-28-2021, 03:34 PM
RE: Kessler's unban request - by Jammin - 04-28-2021, 03:59 PM
RE: Kessler's unban request - by nodnerb - 04-28-2021, 04:24 PM
RE: Kessler's unban request - by GAMER - 04-28-2021, 04:25 PM
RE: Kessler's unban request - by TheBlandBanana - 04-28-2021, 04:30 PM
RE: Kessler's unban request - by (j)ax - 04-28-2021, 04:55 PM
RE: Kessler's unban request - by Nimble Jack - 04-28-2021, 05:55 PM
RE: Kessler's unban request - by Jaerixon - 04-28-2021, 06:37 PM
RE: Kessler's unban request - by (j)ax - 04-28-2021, 06:41 PM
RE: Kessler's unban request - by Damien - 04-28-2021, 06:45 PM
RE: Kessler's unban request - by Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca De La Ley - 04-28-2021, 08:04 PM
RE: Kessler's unban request - by Jaerixon - 04-28-2021, 08:20 PM
RE: Kessler's unban request - by Kessler - 04-28-2021, 11:01 PM
RE: Kessler's unban request - by Quantum_Edge - 04-29-2021, 02:41 AM
RE: Kessler's unban request - by brock - 04-29-2021, 09:27 AM
RE: Kessler's unban request - by Gabe - 04-29-2021, 09:50 AM
RE: Kessler's unban request - by Battons - 04-29-2021, 12:56 PM
RE: Kessler's unban request - by smurfy_beefjerky - 04-30-2021, 02:32 PM
RE: Kessler's unban request - by Battons - 04-30-2021, 03:07 PM