overwatered weed plant Unban Request
Ingame Name: overwatered weed plant

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:529292838

Who Banned You: Prince Nicky El Conmemorativo

Reason For Ban: Using an autoclicker to spam popcorn, apparently this is considering a hack.

Length of Ban: 1 week.

Reason for Admins to Unban: Using an autoclicker isn't a cheat, nor is anything mentioned in R5 of the TTT rules as seen here:
"5. Do Not Exploit, Hack, Metagame or Otherwise Avoid the Game's Intended Limits
This includes ghosting*, metagaming, hacking, and exploiting maps. Ghosting includes sharing any type of information with someone from the grave that could affect the outcome of a round, including staff. 
  • Do not try to escape the map bounds or exploit map/server bugs. 

• Do not team, which is aiding people you know are not on your team. 

• Do not put your client into 3rd person mode. 

• Do not intentionally attempt to crash the server. 

• Do not exploit or abuse the grappling hook to gain an unfair advantage such as flying horizontally with it. 

• Do not abuse console commands to exploit the way ingame items work. "
So I am not exploiting the game, the program which can be found as the most downloaded autoclicker on sourceforge does not use any game files nor does it interact with the game in any way. This is not a hack, as again, it doesn't talk to the game or touch it at all. And lastly, this doesn't avoid the game's limits, it avoid my physical human body limits on how fast I can click a mouse.

So because it doesn't seem to be well understood, what is an autoclicker?

It's a simple program, and here's a picture of it:
[Image: 1]

Very simple, you set the interval of how many seconds or the like in between clicks, you set which mouse button, and then whether you want it to repeat or not etc. The only setting it has are two other buttons below which aren't pictured which allow you to set the hotkeys and, "record & playback" which I have no idea what the heck it does because I don't use it. That's it, that's the whole program. Just clicks the mouse for you.

Now, a few things I know are going to be asked;

1. Why are you using this? To spam popcorn.

2. Can it be used to exploit the game in any way? No, it cannot. If you used it to fire a weapon rapidly, you wouldn't be able to as the game already limits the fire rate of weapons. You also cannot use it to break the game or exceed those limits.

3. Did you use this program knowing it may be in a grey area? NO. I thought most people, and most on the server did know, what an autoclicker was. I had no idea that this would happen or that I would be here appealing a fucking ban for spamming popcorn with a free program that ISN'T AN EXPLOIT OR CHEAT. I'm honestly baffled and quite miffed that this has happened and would appreciate to hear from a standpoint of the staff of this server why on earth this would be considered cheating.

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): No.

Other:

Edit: Found name of who banned me.

Messages In This Thread
overwatered weed plant Unban Request - by overwatered weed plant - 05-31-2021, 05:01 PM