Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
False alt-evasion
Steam Name: HARMLESS

Steam I.D: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Gotmypoloright/

Who banned you: TheUltraFish

Reason for ban: Alt Evasion

Reason for Admins to unban you: My actual steam name is Harmless, and I was banned for alt evasion because you thought I was Pastekeleton.  While I know Paste, I am not Paste.  I have played on the server at the same time as Paste many times, so unless Paste has 4 hands and 2 sets of eyeballs, I'm not Paste.  I changed my steam picture to Paste's, and my name to Pastekeleton.  If you check the chat logs, at no point did I say that I was actually Pastekeleton.

TheUltraFish directly asked me if I was actually "pastkeleton" to which I corrected "pastekeleton", and I was immediately banned for alt evasion.  While I can see that Fish might have interpreted that I really was Paste, I question the level of evidence needed to ban someone for alt evasion.

First, checking my profile would reveal that my profile is years old, and I own many games.  Since games cannot be simultaneously owned by two different accounts (aka buying the game once and having it playable on multiple accounts), I question the jump in logic that an "aged" account with many games would be an alt of Paste since that would require him to buy the same games multiple times.

If this is the level of evidence that someone needs to get someone falsely banned for alt evasion, then that is a problem.  All you need is someone with a vendetta for someone else to pretend to be them to get them banned (assuming they were already banned).  Please take a look at my account, see the playtime, and unban me please.

At most what I did could be considered trolling.  According to the PH rules:
"Be sure to know the differences between toxic trolling, and joking around. Don't punish for joking around, only punish for toxicity. (Someone breaking rules on purpose, harassing others, etc.)"

I would hardly call changing my name to Pastekeleton toxic trolling.  Considering that people say the N-word on the server all the time (which is actually toxic trolling) and they only receive a mute, I would like my ban to be revoked please.

Messages In This Thread
False alt-evasion - by HARMLESS - 06-02-2021, 07:05 PM
RE: False alt-evasion - by The Triangle - 06-02-2021, 07:54 PM
RE: False alt-evasion - by Thayr - 06-02-2021, 08:00 PM
RE: False alt-evasion - by TheUltraFish - 06-02-2021, 08:31 PM
RE: False alt-evasion - by RussEfarmer - 06-02-2021, 08:23 PM
RE: False alt-evasion - by WingRiddenAngel - 06-02-2021, 09:05 PM
RE: False alt-evasion - by TheUltraFish - 06-02-2021, 09:06 PM
RE: False alt-evasion - by HARMLESS - 06-02-2021, 10:14 PM
RE: False alt-evasion - by TheUltraFish - 06-02-2021, 10:47 PM
RE: False alt-evasion - by The Triangle - 06-02-2021, 11:21 PM
RE: False alt-evasion - by MissPauling - 06-02-2021, 10:29 PM