Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map Suggestions
I'll skim through these because im bored and I like poophunt maps (im just looking at screenshots but I have played some of these before FYI):
- Summit looks very cool. I love the office vibes of older prophunt maps and not a lot of our current maps have that feeling.. unless you count highflooroffice, in which case you must enjoy pure misery (pls remove)
- I love lockup, one of my favorite maps from back in the day.. however a problem I would have with this personally is that people have gotten a lot better at prophunt over the years, so what would end up happening is everyone would hide as a wrench on the top of the jail cell doors, and being a hunter checking every single crack of every single door on that map would be the worst experience of my life.
- Mixtape 102 looks really cool.. Not sure how small it is but it looks like an expanded version of the hallway from the P.T. demo.. looks nice
- Dystopia might be cool but gives me "prop box" vibes (i.e. make a square room, fill it with props, repeat for the rest of the rooms), which isn't fun to do anything with on either team in my opinion.
- Underlab is one of my favorite maps. If a talented mapmaker could extend underlab into a nice, large, underground map and keep the original feel it would probably be one of my favorite maps ever.. but right now it's wayy to small for 40 people. Back when we had 24 people on at most it worked, but definitely doesn't work now :(
- Screenshots of horror hotel don't look that great, seems like a pretty bland map. We already have plenty of those..
- Aperature looks AWESOME, I love Portal and the way this map is laid out looks really cool. I'd love to play this.
- Villahouse is good quality map, one of the classic Wolvindra maps.. but this map honestly isn't that fun to play on. It's very big and there aren't a lot of opportunities for creative hiding, lots of people hiding as hamburgers in bushes or a can behind one out of a million benches/chairs and other crap like that.. slightly frustrating. It also suffers from a problem a lot of other Wolvindra maps have which is OBNOXIOUS background noise. I shouldn't have to clear my soundscape files just to hear myself think playing the damn map.. overall though it's built more like a sandbox dick around map with props in it than a prophunt map.
- Fountain I tried a LOONG time ago but I remember it breaking in a few spots.. that was several years ago though. I like the layout and the aesthetic and it might be cool to try out.. may be small though.
- Restaurant 2020 looks really nice.. older revisions of restaurant (before 2019 forget the year) are extremely obnoxious with weirdly behaving custom props and are claustrophobic in a lot of places because of texture changes. Restaurant 2019 wasn't as bad with this but I still wasn't very impressed. 2020 looks really good with a throwback to the original restaurant map with the fountain, simpler textures, and a super nice looking expanded area. I'd love to have this.. I think we are about to rotate out the current version of restaurant, if we could add this in its place I would be very happy.. might even join the server sometime
edit: milly's sugestion of gm_lab_v2 looks nice. No idea how it'll be for a prophunt map but I like the look.

Messages In This Thread
Map Suggestions - by Moonies - 06-27-2021, 10:04 PM
RE: Map Suggestions - by Techincals skit - 06-27-2021, 11:04 PM
RE: Map Suggestions - by real (4) - 06-27-2021, 11:20 PM
RE: Map Suggestions - by [pink] Pixie Soldier - 06-28-2021, 03:41 AM
RE: Map Suggestions - by §dLt. Star - 06-28-2021, 03:41 PM
RE: Map Suggestions - by Moonies - 06-28-2021, 04:48 PM
RE: Map Suggestions - by Deer-ly - 06-28-2021, 09:58 PM
RE: Map Suggestions - by §dLt. Star - 06-29-2021, 05:13 AM
RE: Map Suggestions - by RussEfarmer - 06-28-2021, 10:36 PM
RE: Map Suggestions - by RussEfarmer - 06-29-2021, 07:30 AM
RE: Map Suggestions - by Techincals skit - 06-29-2021, 07:59 AM