Poll: What ghosting protocol do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Keep the forceswap rule for ghosters as is
20.83%
5 20.83%
I like the 24 hour ban immediate response
79.17%
19 79.17%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghosting Protocol Vote
It has been about a month since the test has been started on how to handle third party ghosting on the PH server.

Now I want to see what you all think since everyone has either had time to use the new guidelines or seen them in action.

Previous protocol that is still written in the Staff Guidelines is:

1. Forceswap to the same team (for at least a map)
2. Ban for 2 weeks
3. Permanent Ban

Pros: 
[*]The ghosting stopped and everyone on the server knew who the ghosters were or could be even if the staff had to leave.
[*]Did not clog up the forums with PH ghosting ban requests (guidelines for swapping ghosters first was put in place before locked and archived ban threads were a thing on the forums used to be an immediate 2 week ban)
[*]Ensures that proper ghosting evidence is achieved before the swap

Cons: 
  • Players caught ghosting could argue the swapping in front of the entire server creating hostility throughout the server
  • Users thought it was pointless to submit ban requests since most of the time they would get an answer similar to: "We do not ban 1st time ghosters, but we have added them to a watchlist so we can get them next time."
  • Staff members were stuck babysitting players who wanted to ghost and would try to continue at a later time or after the staff left. Also having to watch potential ghosters was mentally trying at times if there were multiple groups along with everything else on the server.
[*]

With the new method, the new Staff Guidelines for ghosting via 3rd party would be like:
1. Ban for 24 hours
2. Ban for 2 weeks
3. Permanent Ban

Pros:
  • Immediately gets rid of the ghosters.
  • Encourages reporting by community members to get faster, more satisfying results
  • Has trusted still get used to gathering ghosting evidence and has them get used to using the forums
[*]
Possible Cons:
  • Staff could be seen as ban happy
  • Could more easily be abused by staff in the future just to get rid of someone
  • Could clog up the forums if ban requests remain unanswered by upper PH staff
  • I don't know all the cons I had to stretch to figure out three which is why this is a community discussion
[*]

Some may be asking, "but Fish, why don't we just revert back to the 2 week ban like before?" The main reason being, a first time offense resulting in a 2 week ban seems a bit long for me. Most other punishments have shorter length bans before they get to week long bans if not permanent bans. This is of course making the exception of harassment, extreme toxicity, ddos, and hacking where most bans are immediately long if not permanent. 

The voting will be simple, vote for the one you like and discuss whether if you approve or disapprove of the possible change.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army

Messages In This Thread
Ghosting Protocol Vote - by TheUltraFish - 07-03-2021, 01:55 PM
RE: Ghosting Protocol Vote - by TheUltraFish - 07-03-2021, 02:45 PM
RE: Ghosting Protocol Vote - by Haxune - 07-03-2021, 02:47 PM
RE: Ghosting Protocol Vote - by The Triangle - 07-04-2021, 11:20 AM
RE: Ghosting Protocol Vote - by Alora - 07-04-2021, 11:27 AM
RE: Ghosting Protocol Vote - by Jammin - 07-04-2021, 12:45 PM