Poll: What ghosting protocol do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Keep the forceswap rule for ghosters as is
20.83%
5 20.83%
I like the 24 hour ban immediate response
79.17%
19 79.17%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghosting Protocol Vote
One concern that I have with the immediate jump to the ban is that there is inherently a higher evidentiary burden required to conduct a ban rather than a mere team swap.

It is true that staff members should always be trying to get a plethora of evidence before conducting any action against swapping, but that is not always easy to do. No one wants to ban someone by mistake, so staff members may end up being overly cautious when the initial punishment is an immediate jump to a ban. That could leave more ghosting players on the server and reduce staff responsiveness to the issue. The simpler team swap option, however, could have potentially little to no impact on the alleged ghosters in the event that it was done so by mistake. If the forceswap is done after the alleged ghosters are already dead, then they will miss no rounds, but will just be stuck "doubling up" on either a prop round or hunter round. Not that big of a deal.

I know that when the alleged ghosters then try to argue or swap themselves back onto the other team, my suspicion raises significantly. These actions are highly suggestive of ghosting, and could make a ban more warranted as they would then be directly disobeying staff actions.

Anyways, just my initial thoughts while I was reading through this.

Messages In This Thread
Ghosting Protocol Vote - by TheUltraFish - 07-03-2021, 01:55 PM
RE: Ghosting Protocol Vote - by Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca De La Ley - 07-03-2021, 02:25 PM
RE: Ghosting Protocol Vote - by TheUltraFish - 07-03-2021, 02:45 PM
RE: Ghosting Protocol Vote - by Haxune - 07-03-2021, 02:47 PM
RE: Ghosting Protocol Vote - by The Triangle - 07-04-2021, 11:20 AM
RE: Ghosting Protocol Vote - by Alora - 07-04-2021, 11:27 AM
RE: Ghosting Protocol Vote - by Jammin - 07-04-2021, 12:45 PM