Poll: What ghosting protocol do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Keep the forceswap rule for ghosters as is
20.83%
5 20.83%
I like the 24 hour ban immediate response
79.17%
19 79.17%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghosting Protocol Vote
I think the new protocol is a bit more useful and fulfilling to those on the server. When I say this I mean that as far as a team swap goes, it's not really a punishment. It's a warning. It's saying that we know you're ghosting and we would like to stop before it escalates. Some people do join the server without information on the subject and we can of course let them know from then and hopefully they will follow the rules. However, there are plenty of people who join with just the sole intention of ruining everyone's fun. A 24 hour ban is a little more of a shock to the system then a team switch. A force swap then two week feels a bit weird now that we've had the new protocol. It's like a massive jump on a punishment whereas if you've been banned for a day already, hopefully you realize this isn't up for discussion. I feel like the day is more useful because it illustrates that we are not backing off our rule. People who are pressed to follow rules and receive the repercussions will always have a resentment for those enforcing the rules. I don't think it will be an issue of people watching staff and thinking they are abusing it or going crazy with it. I'm hoping they will take it seriously when disrupting the community and realize it's their first strike. It will definitely feel more of a first strike then the force swap because of the actual punishment involved with it. Staff of course has to be careful when gathering evidence as was said because some issues aren't always cut and dry. It's hard to say really what is the better strategy because of the pros and cons. If someone does get banned by mistake which I'm sure will be rare but 100% possible. At the very least it was twenty-four hours and not the starting ban of two weeks. I'm not sure, just some thoughts on the matter. I just lack the experience in this specific exchange.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Ghosting Protocol Vote - by TheUltraFish - 07-03-2021, 01:55 PM
RE: Ghosting Protocol Vote - by TheUltraFish - 07-03-2021, 02:45 PM
RE: Ghosting Protocol Vote - by Haxune - 07-03-2021, 02:47 PM
RE: Ghosting Protocol Vote - by Dude I love ketchup :) yummm - 07-04-2021, 04:09 AM
RE: Ghosting Protocol Vote - by The Triangle - 07-04-2021, 11:20 AM
RE: Ghosting Protocol Vote - by Alora - 07-04-2021, 11:27 AM
RE: Ghosting Protocol Vote - by Jammin - 07-04-2021, 12:45 PM