Poll: What ghosting protocol do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Keep the forceswap rule for ghosters as is
20.83%
5 20.83%
I like the 24 hour ban immediate response
79.17%
19 79.17%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghosting Protocol Vote
I 100% like the newer procedure of banning the players for 24hrs immediately. 

The immediate action shows the community members but also the violators, that we (the staff) are serious about making the server a fun/enjoyable environment for people to play/relax. 

This method also helps community members feel more comfortable/confident that their efforts in making a ban or pinging staff about issues are being answered swiftly and not just for to swap friends on the same team. I can say that it has been somewhat frustrating to have players report ghosters via ban request then having to say "these players haven't been forceswapped, we'll put them on the list". I believe that this phrase being used so much has caused many players to stop making ban requests because essentially nothing was getting done about the issue. The "action" was adding them to a list, which is not even a slap on the wrist to the violators because they have no idea about it. 

Now onto the staff side of things.

This being implemented has gotten the staff more involved with Ghosting more than I've seen previously. I've seen more community members messaging staff directly about people/problems, and this is fantastic to say the least.  With the new procedure we can finally throw out the  "we'll put them on the list" phrase for the most part.  The forceswap step isn't bad, I feel it just wasn't enough to stop people from ghosting. I'd say easily 65% of the people who were forceswapped reached the 2 week ban. During this test period of having the 24hr ban I didn't find anyone in our watchlist who was banned the 2 weeks for ghosting, and we dished out well over a dozen tbans during the test period. 

I agree that there's a possibility of the staff looking ban crazy, but I'd rather look ban crazy than do nothing while letting people continue to ruin the fun of PH for the players.

Messages In This Thread
Ghosting Protocol Vote - by TheUltraFish - 07-03-2021, 01:55 PM
RE: Ghosting Protocol Vote - by TheUltraFish - 07-03-2021, 02:45 PM
RE: Ghosting Protocol Vote - by Haxune - 07-03-2021, 02:47 PM
RE: Ghosting Protocol Vote - by The Triangle - 07-04-2021, 11:20 AM
RE: Ghosting Protocol Vote - by Alora - 07-04-2021, 11:27 AM
RE: Ghosting Protocol Vote - by Jammin - 07-04-2021, 12:45 PM