Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sea Burns Test Mod Abuse
Offender's Name: Sea Burns

Offender's SteamID: No idea

Offender's Rank: Test Mod

I have been a play of Dinkleberg's TTT longterm and I love the people on this server. I think the staff has done an incredibly good job keeping everything in check. Now of course there is always that one Test Mod that seems to be unknowledgeable with the rules of the server and how to handle things. I have tight feelings for this server which is why I take such an offence to what happened here tonight.

Here's exactly what occurred without any bias whatsoever: Sea Burns was circling me in front of me during a round of TTT, I shot a 3 bullet burst towards the castle because it was silent everywhere and that's just what people do sometimes. This spray of bullets was at least 40 degrees of an angle clear from him. Of course he was staring at me for the past 20 seconds (minor T baiting) and killed me for that (RDM).

**Note: He was slain by another moderator for that RDM so my report and what happened after was justified**

I reported him and his explanation was 'Tbaiting Tbaiting'. So my first thought was "wow, what a great explanation from a moderator who is supposed to 1. know what Traitor Baiting is and 2. should at least be a little more descriptive as a professional moderator in his "Test Mod" stage".

So I pm'd him using '!p' to explain to him how that was not Traitor Baiting (at this point it was a calm normal explanation). This is the first occurrence of the abuse: He then uses the public server announcement command to say "Scare stop ghosting". Because according to him using '!p' is ghosting? I'm sorry that right there should scream "why is he a test mod". I get he paid for it and should very well be awarded that service as a Test Mod but there is where a red flag should go off.

I've been around this server for a long time, and ghosting is seen as a huge dishonest act and a disgrace to the integrity of the server and the game. So when he publicly embarrasses me for something that I didn't even do.

That is (1) Harassment and (2) Abuse of the server announcement command

Because of this public embarrassment, this is where I get yippy (I told you I would be unbiased and completely honest for an accurate report so here goes)

At this point I say publicly something along the lines of "What the fuck was that abuse Sea Burns?" "How the fuck was that ghosting?" "Why would you abuse the server announcement to embarrass me for something I didn't do?"

Then he just mutes me *at this point I'm quite heated*

I understood that it probably wasn't the best idea to continue it publicly, people are trying to enjoy playing TTT not having to listen to that shit. Had to ask another moderator to unmute me as they did. So I continue to be quite angry with him and pming him asking why he's abusing his powers as a Test Mod. He continues to blow it off like it's nothing and mutes me again. Of course at this point it's a discussion through pms mid-round and I actively type publicly during the game. He doesn't realize that muting me doesn't stop me from pming him and mutes me mid-round. So what does that do? Absolutely nothing but aggravates me and prevents me from playing the game as I don't use a mic and use text-communication. He then told me Christian had instructed him to do this in this situation. (I'm sorry but I know for a fact Christian didn't tell him that using '!p' was ghosting and to abuse the server announcement command to embarrass somebody and then to mute them when they pm you asking wtf you're doing).

CONTINUED......

At this point he's just constantly muting me and I'm just getting more and more frustrated which is where the slurs and inappropriate words start flinging out from my keyboard. I know what abuse towards a Mod is, I would say at this point with how heated and dumbfounded I was with what was happening I was right at the line of being verbally abusive towards him at this point. He was threatening to kick me and gag me and also threatening me by saying "I'm recording this you know" so of course he records it then when I'm heated but not when it initially started before all of the abuse happened. No idea who kicked me from the server, if it was another moderator I respect their decision it was obviously a clear and cool decision made from their point of view, gave me some time to cool off and come back to write a cooled off report. If it was Sea Burns then there you go just another way of him avoiding what he did to me.

An interesting statement was said when Bernardo said "Scare Shot it doesn't matter how the staff got their staff, they must be respected". And a very well-liked and highly respected by myself Moderator *who I won't name here just for their privacy* said: "Actually I believe it does matter how they got it, gotta give something to be given respect to" which perfectly sums up what I believe in, too many bratty unknowledgeable entitled Test Mods who think because they paid for their powers they can flaunt and abuse them.

I have never posted on the forums but honestly I felt so abused by this and was so frustrated by this that I took the time to produce an honest and unbiased report because I want this shit out of the great server that is Dinkleberg's TTT.

Main Points to consider:
(1) Unprofessionalism *going to include it in here because a mod should be professional although isn't required*
(2) Public Harassment
(3) Abuse of the server announcement command
(4) Abuse of the !mute command and !gag command
(5) Multiple threats

When They Did It: Approximately 9:40pm EST January 6th 2017

Potential Witnesses: Bernardo, *Moderator that will not be named but you can PM me for his name*

Proof: All in the chat logs, I was kicked from the server for half an hour (go figure). Sea Burns also said "i'm recording this" so unless that was a threat he should have some proof to post here himself now shouldn't he?
[Image: giphy.gif] [Image: pqb6IoJ.png]

"None of your business, Odd Fellow."
- Scoovie

Fellow donors - feel free to use any of my queues
https://scareshot.weebly.com

Messages In This Thread
Sea Burns Test Mod Abuse - by Scare Shot - 01-06-2017, 11:55 PM
RE: Sea Burns Test Mod Abuse - by Christian - 01-07-2017, 01:17 AM
RE: Sea Burns Test Mod Abuse - by KuroKasai - 01-07-2017, 01:30 AM
RE: Sea Burns Test Mod Abuse - by Sea Burns - 01-07-2017, 05:04 PM
RE: Sea Burns Test Mod Abuse - by Christian - 01-07-2017, 05:22 PM
RE: Sea Burns Test Mod Abuse - by Sea Burns - 01-07-2017, 05:26 PM