Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permaban for Mass RDM makes no sense
Mass rdm damages the integrity of the game. Same as teaming/ghosting but without benefit to the offender.

Typing racist slurs doesn't damage the integrity of the game itself, except in the capacity of Micspam/obstruction of communication. It damages the level of fun and enjoyment for the server as a whole but doesn't make it any easier or harder to play the game.

That being said, this is a good argument to make the rules on racism stricter. I'm not necessarily a fan of the slur counter getting a reset button after a day or two of no slurs. But I don't feel the two rules are on the same tier - it's comparing apples to oranges.

That being said I don't feel mass rdm should be a permanent ban. I think a 6 month ban or similar would be better. However, I don't think eliminating our definition of mass would be good, it is such a high standard to begin with, needing 3 unforgiven reports (or 3 confirmed unwarranted kills in logs).

To be clear, I feel that consistent RDM is different than mass RDM. Consistent RDM is an assertive effort to troll, while mass rdm could in all honesty be a single bad round of mistakes. Under our definition, I've accidently massed like 3 times before (once due to a very unfortunate spawn jihad taking out 3 t buddies lmao).

For what it is worth, if the player is behaving and willing to serve slays, sometimes I will use discretion to let them serve slays instead of banning. But if they have left, I will almost always Perma ban per guidelines.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks

Messages In This Thread
RE: Permaban for Mass RDM makes no sense - by Jammin - 09-05-2021, 09:48 PM
RE: Permaban for Mass RDM makes no sense - by reinaberg - 09-15-2021, 12:06 PM
RE: Permaban for Mass RDM makes no sense - by reinaberg - 09-15-2021, 12:47 PM