Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
applying for test mod
I have been very dead in prop hunt over the last year, but recently have been playing again. Unfortunately in the few times I have played, I've been on with you and seen several issues that definitely need addressed before you consider applying again. 

On a couple of occasions I have seen you use "!gag/!ungag r", affecting about half the server in doing so. 
See here and:
Here
While I do understand that people make mistakes, you've done this more than once, showing that you did not learn from your mistake. When gagging someone you typically want to use at least 3 characters in the name to avoid this. You can also use the menu by typing !xgui to target specific players which is useful if they have special characters in their name.

I've also seen you tell other donors to "confirm with you" before using commands, which you don't even do when actual STAFF are on with you. Donors do not need to report to other donors, no matter the tenure of either donor.
[Image: image0.png]
In fact, you should be reporting to STAFF, if you need to use your powers before we can respond to a ping. Not sure if you are in the Dinkleberg's discord yet, but I would recommend joining before applying again, as it is highly encouraged, and allows you to ping us when there are troublemakers about. Link to the discord.

The other day I was on, and there was a kid who sang one line of a song (which is okay by our rules), but was immediately gagged by you, seconds after putting your micspam bind in the chat. He then left the server entirely, which is something we try to avoid. I had a couple of problems with this interaction, as I, a staff member was on. When staff are on, you should avoid using your commands, and instead use @ before a message in game to get in contact with staff currently in game. The other issue is that when I addressed this, you wanted to argue with me about it, and got quite aggressive because I corrected you. Not very becoming of someone wanting to join the staff team. Also just did a little research based on something you said while arguing about it, that you warned that person before, and they changed their name. The incident between me and you occurred Oct 10th, but the player you gagged hasn't changed their steam name since September 15th. 

You told me in that interaction that you've read the donor guidelines. I know that you have been sent the guidelines on more than one occasion, both from staff and other donors trying to help you understand the significance of your actions. Just in case you've lost that link, here they are again. One of the things covered in the guidelines is kicking players as seen here:
[Image: unknown.png]
Here we see that you have kicked a player with NO reason attached. You also kicked them via scoreboard, which is discouraged, as you cannot put a reason. Again, a useful time for !xgui as this allows you to target the specific player and type a reason before any action is taken. 

Another interaction that I observed was you gagging two players who were playfully arguing, while staff were on and had deemed that the two players were joking and chose not to gag them. This situation is covered in the guidelines you have "read" here:

After writing this, I almost feel as if I am making a donor abuse report rather than a response to a staff application. On several occasions, you've overstepped staff, made other donors question the validity of your actions, and all around seem to not understand the donor guidelines. I would recommend waiting quite a while before putting forth another application, and reading the "Read this before applying" thread as you would see that before applying for Test mod, you would be applying for Trusted. As others have mentioned, there is a format to follow, covered in the aforementioned thread. 
[Image: ban_2.png]
[Image: aug_kick_2.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: applying for test mod - by real (4) - 10-15-2021, 10:51 PM
RE: applying for test mod - by I EAT HAMSTERS - 10-15-2021, 11:06 PM
RE: applying for test mod - by The Triangle - 10-15-2021, 11:15 PM
RE: applying for test mod - by [test] mattquake11 - 10-15-2021, 11:58 PM
RE: applying for test mod - by I EAT HAMSTERS - 10-16-2021, 11:11 AM
RE: applying for test mod - by Mother Nuru. - 10-16-2021, 05:50 PM
RE: applying for test mod - by augmENTreality2 - 10-16-2021, 06:34 PM
RE: applying for test mod - by [black]Darkkran - 10-16-2021, 08:32 PM