Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the Topic of Staff/Donor Command Logging
(11-01-2021, 10:04 PM)chelllman Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 09:53 PM)[black]Darkkran Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 07:42 PM)chelllman Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 06:49 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: -snip-
We could rig it so the contents of what was recorded was dumped into a shared folder in Google Drive every 24 hours.
I'd like to bring attention the pricing and options of Google Drive... Someone would have to be a maid for this folder everyday... 2 TB for $10 a month... That isn't much when putting videos, and multiples if that of the same time.

-snip-

I do love seeing you guys create something to help, even if it's because of lack of care to fix relay correctly from our lord and savior.

This is a valid point.  I think the way around this would be to only store text containing command usage (including a timestamp).  Burden to store videos can still be on staff members (most staff delete videos after a time), but having the text command usage could be used for quick indexing.  Example: We simply search through the files for a particular user, find the times commands were used on them, and then various staff members can index by date on their own computers to find supporting video evidence.
Storing 100% of the video server side would just not be practical unfortunately.

One thing that would be cool is to have shadow record enabled server side that is automatically triggered when certain individuals use commands.  I've had people complain to me about certain donors abusing commands, but since no one ever records and they behave when staff are on, nothing happens.  It would be awesome if when certain people use commands, the shadow buffer is saved (past 30 seconds maybe).  These videos could be automatically deleted after 3 days in the cloud.

At this point, I'm just spitballing, I really like Russ's idea.

Having the information stored on staff would be much better. I agree having it stored server side wouldn't work imo. Sadly, I can attest to bearing witness to years of Dink's procrastination and being super busy that this project cannot rely on the server box at all. Russ has gotten a few things in by helping with coding or writing stuff, but it was pushed and pushed so hard by staff. Pointshop was fixed for a very long time before it was implemented and that's a problem with the man above... This is not negativity but more of realism. The logical thing here would have fixed relay for certain things INFORMATION I CANNOT POST HERE, DM ME .

Example: We simply search through the files for a particular user, find the times commands were used on them, and then various staff members can index by date on their own computers to find supporting video evidence.

This is a strong alternative as long as you guys keep this idea solely behind staff members/donors/players willing to help.

Messages In This Thread
RE: On the Topic of Staff/Donor Command Logging - by [black]Darkkran - 11-01-2021, 10:12 PM