Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prop Hunt unban request
Hi Cat,

Thanks for making an unban request.  The more I look at this, the more I think this might be a case of "wrong place at the wrong time" and I apologize for any inconvenience.

Context:
Koshka Tabaxi (Loona Mondragon in game) and I had been dealing with a repeat hacker today who kept rejoining.
This hacker had UAV (allows you to see who is spectating you and if those spectators are staff) and would try to hunt normally when spectated (move to an area where a prop is, search, find prop, then hunt a little longer there so it looks legit).
This hacker would rejoin some minutes later with another account.

Here's the timeline:
1. Voldz gets banned for hacking.
2. Rawr Tiger joins minutes later, starts to use hacks.
3. Rawr Tiger gets banned for hacking.
4. Get Smoked joins minutes later and immediately calls out Koshka with a slur and "keep yourself safe" language.  They begin spamming the chat relay with links to hacks.
5. Get Smoked gets kicked by Koshka.
6. You join 2 minutes later and start to get kills quickly on Cruce.

This is what immediately made both Koshka and I suspicious that you were the same guy once again joining.

Island House:
While we were on island house, your kill count rose very quickly and we were getting private messages from players very concerned about your gameplay.
From two rounds of spectating, Koshka and I were in agreement to ban you especially with your kill of Koshka at the end of the first round I watched you, and the rapid succession of your kills on the 2nd round.

However, after reviewing the video, you definitely move like a player with a lot of experience and your route is nearly constant between rounds.
In short:
I think that you were unfortunate enough to join right after we booted a hacker for a 3rd time and have the skills to rack up kills extremely fast.

Since Admins typically deal with unbans, I will ping them and ask for a fast track look on this unban request. 

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncc4Z3yWoaA

Final Notes:
1. Play time (gmod time) typically isn't a factor when we make bans.  Voldz has 9000 hours in gmod and I have video of both his bhop script and aimbot.  Ryzif already permabanned them.
2. We do not confront hackers on this server since that usually makes them either turn off their hacks or pretend to hunt legit.  Unban requests like you just did are how the discussion is had.

Messages In This Thread
Prop Hunt unban request - by Cat (3) - 01-25-2022, 04:29 PM
RE: Prop Hunt unban request - by where is alex!? - 01-25-2022, 04:34 PM
RE: Prop Hunt unban request - by I EAT HAMSTERS - 01-25-2022, 07:24 PM