Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips For Catching Ghosters?
Eh, for me it's always been about behavior. Garry's Mod has been around long enough that people just know where to look so if you see someone racking up a high kill count, it doesn't mean they're immediately ghosting or hacking. They could just be good. I've been told many times in the past that people would watch me for the same reason, until they realize I'm just that decent.

When I mean behavior, you're mainly looking at how the person is conduction their search? Are they being thorough and are reasonably coming across people, or are they just walking up to folks and killing without discretion. It's not black and white but use your best judgement. I find that most ghosters are inexperienced with the game or with the map, so you'd generally see them bumbling around without a clue until they suddenly get smart and find someone who's hidden pretty damn well. That should set off red flags that they got their info with something other than their in-game eyes and ears.

It's not a 100% exact science, but if you see someone running about and something just doesn't feel right with how they play, it doesn't hurt to check them out. Pull their profile and check their friends if you can. If they're private, I look through their opposing team to see if any of them have the suspect in common. Use your best judgement of course, and if you ever need help, doesn't hurt to ask. You'll do just fine though, I'm sure!

Happy prop hunting!
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tips For Catching Ghosters? - by real (4) - 02-09-2022, 09:11 PM
RE: Tips For Catching Ghosters? - by RussEfarmer - 02-09-2022, 11:46 PM
RE: Tips For Catching Ghosters? - by August - 02-10-2022, 02:16 AM