Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Movie Review Thread
My Movie: Inception (2010) Directed by Christopher Nolan, starring Leonardo DiCaprio

My Review: Fucking fantastic movie, I wish I could watch it for the first time again. I would recommend watching again while high on something of your choice.

Inception is a work of bold ambition. It is Nolan's true masterpiece and one of the most original pieces of fiction ever put on film. The story, although multi-layered and complex, is incredibly engrossing and a wonder to behold on screen. The movie follows Dom Cobb(DiCaprio) as he leads a specialized team, tasked with putting an idea inside the mind of Robert Fischer Jr.(Cillian Murphy). This task is called Inception. Cobb specializes in the Extraction of ideas from people's minds in their dreams, but Inception is an entirely different story. Removing an idea from a person's mind proves easier because the person has already thought it, but adding an idea is something that can't be done without carefully manipulating the mind to create the idea on its own. This is the premise of Inception, and that's only the surface. There are so many layers to the plot that it's almost impossible to divulge even a fraction of the story in any less than a few pages. The script, which took ten years to write, is pure brilliance. As the film progresses it only becomes more intriguing, even up to the very end. The acting is superb across the board. The standout being DiCaprio, but the entire cast delivers amazing performances. Inception is visually dazzling and unlike anything, I've ever seen on film. But even the amazing visuals don't detract from the depth and complexities of the plot. With amazing cinematography and a remarkably well-crafted and fitting original score from Hans Zimmer, there isn't an area where the film doesn't shine.

This is truly Nolan's best, and that is definitely saying something.
reckless moron with a motorcycle
[Image: avatar_11007.jpeg?dateline=1648522408]
[Image: b_460x42_C000000-222222-333333-CCCCCC-FFCC00-FFCC00.png]

Messages In This Thread
Movie Review Thread - by Damien - 02-28-2022, 05:59 PM
RE: Movie Review Thread - by YourMateMurph - 02-28-2022, 06:04 PM
RE: Movie Review Thread - by ⋆ Fx ⋆ - 02-28-2022, 06:49 PM
RE: Movie Review Thread - by HONG - 03-01-2022, 12:47 PM
RE: Movie Review Thread - by Deer-ly - 03-01-2022, 04:32 PM
RE: Movie Review Thread - by ⋆ Fx ⋆ - 03-01-2022, 07:20 PM
RE: Movie Review Thread - by Kapitan BillyBob - 03-01-2022, 10:52 PM
RE: Movie Review Thread - by Damien - 03-19-2022, 12:49 AM