Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Talk: The Status of Discord
(05-31-2022, 05:28 PM)Salty Wrote: Something that Jammin said on Shaye’s unban thread (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...413&page=2) that rubbed me the wrong way was what he considered to be “selective staffing.” What I think the problem is that people on the staff team might potentially be ignoring when their friends say things such as that, but if someone they don’t like says it, they would administer the punishment without a single hesitation. I do not have any proof of this of course, so this is mere speculation.  
I usually don't care too much about posts regarding discord, but salty made a GREAT post here, very well written (the whole thing). I do agree with both sides though, I do believe jammin that there is shortage of staff helpers on discord, but at the same time I agree with the speculation of selective staffing, almost anybody would believe that it exists.

Lets get the bunch out of the way, discord should include more descriptive stuff and how to deal with situations, pretty easy fix, something jammin or kaptain could easily fix, not a big deal in the end it's just proof that hey we should've had more here.

One thing that I believe should definitely be changed, members of the community (or even at least the person that was warned) SHOULD be able to see who warned them. In every server, whether you're gagged, muted, banned, there is transparency as to what happened and who did it. I talked to brian forever ago about the status of the forums, what's the point of ban requests etc when we can just provide proof to staff. He responded with a very well written thing "Transparency", then went on to say something along the lines as with ban requests, we have transparency for the player who is banned and it shows who did the banning etc, provides a reference point. If forums, and all the servers show who perpetrates an action on somebody, why shouldn't discord? Sure, we can claim the person will be harassed, but at the end of the day staff need to be able to deal with it. It's unfortunate Foxka got harassed for something he didn't do, granted nobody should be harassed, but if there were transparency it couldve been avoided, and rather than speculate people could reach out to the person directly. Regardless of personal feelings and discomfort, staff take a role knowing that their names will be on things across all the servers and forums, should be no different for discord.

Messages In This Thread
Let's Talk: The Status of Discord - by Salty - 05-31-2022, 05:28 PM
RE: Let's Talk: The Status of Discord - by reinaberg - 05-31-2022, 05:41 PM
RE: Let's Talk: The Status of Discord - by Damien - 05-31-2022, 05:45 PM
RE: Let's Talk: The Status of Discord - by reinaberg - 05-31-2022, 05:51 PM
RE: Let's Talk: The Status of Discord - by Salty - 05-31-2022, 05:50 PM
RE: Let's Talk: The Status of Discord - by voidzz - 05-31-2022, 05:59 PM
RE: Let's Talk: The Status of Discord - by dong - 05-31-2022, 06:09 PM
RE: Let's Talk: The Status of Discord - by Foxka - 05-31-2022, 06:29 PM
RE: Let's Talk: The Status of Discord - by Salty - 05-31-2022, 06:36 PM
RE: Let's Talk: The Status of Discord - by Jammin - 05-31-2022, 06:41 PM
RE: Let's Talk: The Status of Discord - by Avi - 05-31-2022, 06:55 PM