Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legal/Illegal Roofs and the Jump Pack
(06-19-2022, 09:37 PM)troll facer Wrote: Ding ding ding! Finally you guys are coming around, two and a half years after I make the 10 paragraph thread about why the jump pack is busted... although trying to get the jump boost actually lowered is definitely a lost cause

Either remove it and add global jump boost or make it cost nothing so people can play the game on an equal playing field :)

Global jump pack addon:
Code:
hook.Add("Tick", "jumpBoost", function()
    for k,v in pairs(player.GetAll()) do
        if v:KeyDown(IN_JUMP) then
            v:SetVelocity(v:GetUp()*12)
        end
    end
end)

I'm 90% sure this has been brought up to Dink before, though I don't know the outcome. I do know that dink is very reluctant to change anything in regards to the economy, so I don't know if the price will change. I am also unsure of the possibility of adding that coding. That's not really my forte.

As lemons noted, the jump pack is readily purchasable from the very second a new player joins, and anyone who has complained about the jump pack has been directed on where to get one. Reasonable players will then get the jump pack and issue resolved.
The main issue is how we are identifying illegal spots, which seems like we need to review to make sure the playing field is fair for all.

Thanks chelll for the post and the thoughts
:)
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Legal/Illegal Roofs and the Jump Pack - by August - 06-20-2022, 08:32 AM