banned for threatening to groom a hypothetical minor (not sincerely)
Ingame Name: 
rotten cleric
SteamID: 
STEAM_0:0:43225030
Who Banned You: 
dong
Reason For Ban: 
there was some convo going on about moat.gg and their shutdown, the rumors about the pedophile stuff going on there got brought up, I mentioned the adrenochrome stuff related to them (that second bit is just a joke rumor since adrenochrome being linked to child sex rings is more of a Qanon pizzagate type deal and is more removed from reality than the actual rings of pedophilia that operate at the elite level in our society, but that's neither here nor there), this turned into some discussion on how gmod servers and discord servers have both been havens for online pedophiles/groomers/general creepery, someone claimed that this was a discord problem and not a gmod problem (which I disagreed with), which I replied to with something along the lines of "gmod has always been a place where minors get groomed(even before discord)," and followed up with (this one is an exact quote) "I'll groom a minor right now."  That last statement is why dong banned me, since pedophile comments are perma-bannable on the server (I guess I was not aware the extent to which that rule applied, though obviously that statement is pretty damning taken as a snippet).
Length of Ban: 
perma
Reason for Admins to Unban: 
I feel a bit sheepish being here again so soon after just making an appeal saying I was going to "keep it goofy and not graphic;" in the context of what was being discussed in the voice/text chat at that time, what I said was pretty clearly a jab at how easily grooming can occur (and historically has) in these sorts of online spaces, I was trying to prove my point to whoever was contesting that it was more an issue of discord than one of gmod (a point which I thought had too many holes to hold water).  In hindsight I may have let that get away from me since talking about grooming minors is something the staff have to take seriously, should have either phrased that better or not at all, or maybe have just let the conversation slip into obscurity (this was a convo happening between like 4 or 5 people to my memory).  I feel like I should note on here that this was pedophilia being discussed in a negative light, as in everyone was under the assumption of "pedos and groomers do despicable things that no one here agrees with or would defend," it was being talked about in the context of "this part of the internet has had a lot of these things happen" with questions being asked about where exactly and what environments were the worst about facilitating it.  Apologies for getting too close to ironyposting about grooming minors, I should have taken into account what that sentence looked like outside of the argument being structured in my head.  Conversations about gmod and discord pedophilia might in general be a bit too mucky to be discussed in a TTT server in the first place.
Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): 
once for giving an inno a homerun bat as T (teaming), once for mic spam, must a few short rdm&leave bans in there somewhere, and once for just under a year for linking a video of two chimpanzees mating (complete with graphic closeups), https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=16504
Other:
I don't have a signature but here is a picture of a cool leaf katydid I found    

Messages In This Thread
banned for threatening to groom a hypothetical minor (not sincerely) - by rotten cleric - 06-28-2022, 07:58 PM