Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Increase ban duration for ghosting
I think that the staff guidelines with regards to ghosting could do with being updated.

Just for clarification, I am not referring to the instance whereby a player is stating the location of props/giving hints in chat or over voice chat, I think that the current guidelines for dealing with this behavior are absolutely fine.

Rather, I am referring to the instance where 2 or more players join opposite teams with the intent of using spectate to cheat.

I do not feel like the current guidelines reflect the negative impact that this has on the server and player experience, especially when you consider how severe the punishments for hacking are when the results of these two behaviors are very similar.

I think that a more appropriate approach for dealing with these players would be a 1 week ban followed by a permanent ban for a repeat offence.

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...p?tid=9611

Messages In This Thread
Increase ban duration for ghosting - by SirJaffa - 09-03-2022, 05:28 AM
RE: Increase ban duration for ghosting - by Ryzif - 09-03-2022, 05:28 PM
RE: Increase ban duration for ghosting - by Salty - 09-03-2022, 06:17 PM