Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
It was a bright day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen
(03-15-2023, 11:16 PM)(DEMON)Skullfire Wrote: I just want to provide context to the reasons I -1ed BillyBob! This clip shows him literally mentioning things that should not be mentioned on the server and when I confronted him he basically told me this is why he -1ed my admin app, (which I have a clip of as well) claiming that I was too serious instead of accepting the blame. As a Moderator you should know the rules and know these things are not allowed and never have been. For a future Admin to blantantly break a major rule and thinking it was okay is unacceptable in my opinion. If more clips are needed please let me know! By the way this clip was from today!

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/...Y3MTYwMTMs
(I'll start this with asking others to keep the server on topic as opposed to responding directly to skullfire)

And post like this is the exact reason why I am making an admin application. The rule is about speaking explicitly sexual manors regarding minors/and topics. That is not the same thing as literally mentioning a scene that happened in the movie Taxi Driver (mind you without even actually talking about what happened at all). It's one thing to be having an inappropriate conversation, or joke (which I have also warned people for doing), it's another to just have a conversation. From what the rules state to what I mentioned are COMPLETELY different. 

What better way to ensure people aren't having fun then to immediately join a server and then warn someone for something they have been having fun doing for over an hour? 

Also your "when I confronted him he basically told me this is why he -1ed my admin app", is in response to me trying to have a conversation with you in admin chat to how I was seeing the rule, and why I thought you were wrong. You responded to this by ignoring me and then when I kept trying to ask you about it you got frustrated and said "Whatever dude I clearly can't talk to you so I'll just talk to Bryan". This is the issue that has happened as you tend to "I know the rules dude I'm staff I can't consider what you said". 

Aside from all of this, as an example of why I want to be an admin, why should we take this rule as strict as we do? If we treat this subject as some dark web taboo it doesn't help the situation at ALL. Religious churches should serve proof as that. Instead, we should confront the issue head on and not pretend that it doesn't happen. If we try and oppress this issue we are doomed to keep repeating it because people will be afraid to bring it up. Lets stop ignoring that its an issue and instead lets embrace ways in which we can fix it. Again, I am all for bans for inappropriate comments and warns for jokes. But not even being able to say the "p word" wtf are we doing??? 

Aside from aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall of this, this directly points to the aspect of me wanting to train staff as an Admin. Our staff need to understand what to warn for, and what not to. We need to understand how to have fun in the server. If we can't even reference a movie scene without getting in trouble what the hell are we doing? This is a GMOD server, this isn't a government. I want to be an Admin to bring fun back and to get rid of the way this points warn system is working. I warned that it would be misunderstood and players would be overly warned, and look what is happening.
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: It was a bright day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen - by BillyBob - 03-16-2023, 12:37 AM