Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master Chief

eh,

ive been told not to shitpost so heres some god honest commentary. don't take this negatively. I would highly recommend you take what others and I are saying to you about this. In the end, nobody wants to tear anybody else down.

part 1 (a, b)
A: in part, this is also asking friends to trust other friends. Is it friendly to say hostile things about one another? just asking. especially since you have said you want to staff with them.
 you also say that "staff dont have to be friends". This is probably furthest from the truth. Staff DO have to be friends, because we DO work together. everything we do we (generally unless its really out there and would fall under abuse/misuse of command) will all agree is the correct thing. We help each other. this is not a corporate rat race, this is a community.

B: blaming other things to excuse shitty behavior like being hostile to other folks is, well, shitty behavior. Punching someone because I am stressed does not make punching someone ok. its still a shitty thing to do. Moreover, any staffing in general anywhere involves the person actively owning up to what they did/do/didnt do/dont do. I am not out here to throw hostilities, just giving you things to think about should you wanna reapply (and just something in general)

2. I am not sure your values of "let everyone feel safe" is truly that. Letting everyone feel safe means not demeaning others (except in a manner that is completely accepted as a jest). It also  means creating an environment where everyone can be welcome. talking overly sexual topics makes the server unwelcome to newcomers and to people who are young, for example.  

One thing potato has mentioned is that you have demeaned him multiple times. lets take this as an example. You say you "make the server a place where people can go to escape and forget about any troubles. " Is this that? I personally don't think it is. 
Here is another example I come across alot. people sometimes make the claim that avoiding certain topics is ""ruining the server"" in the prop hunt server. Dinkleburg prop hunt serves so much more than just adults. We are a type of game mode that caters to all ages, especially those in a younger demographic.  For this reasson, I hope you can see why those claiming ""ruining the server"" are incorrect. 

again, these are just examples.

3. I kinda disagree personally. there really isn't much you can do right now to change my personal opinion on that. 

other questions:
how would you handle something such as "friend A breaks the rules?" can you be impartial? based on your previous behavior and responses, I am personally inclined to say no.

-1, based on responses, previous behavior in PH, and apparently behavior in the discord. 

I do hope you take some of these responses into account for the future. it does sound like your heart is in the right place, but I am not sure you know how to get there.
good luck out there.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD

Messages In This Thread
Master Chief - by Master Chief - 05-18-2023, 01:13 PM
RE: Master Chief - by chelllman - 05-18-2023, 01:43 PM
RE: Master Chief - by Master Chief - 05-18-2023, 02:31 PM
RE: Master Chief - by Harmless_Potato - 05-18-2023, 02:58 PM
RE: Master Chief - by Foxka - 05-18-2023, 03:30 PM
RE: Master Chief - by Wilfry - 05-18-2023, 05:12 PM
RE: Master Chief - by BIIG_SAD - 05-20-2023, 01:33 AM
RE: Master Chief - by Bird (2) - 05-21-2023, 11:37 AM
RE: Master Chief - by Harmless_Potato - 05-23-2023, 09:27 PM
RE: Master Chief - by Ryzif - 05-31-2023, 06:56 PM