Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jcope's complain :baby_crying: thread
Others have asked that I make this an abuse thread instead of a ban appeal thread.

Offender's Name: Nazu(s)

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:0:436106669

What Server(s): TTT

Offender's Rank: Moderator

What They Did: Handled their own issue while another staff member was on, 8 warn points for RDM x1 and targeting

When They Did It: 5/23/23 between 5 and 6 PM Eastern

Potential Witnesses: Evan, Jawa

Proof (You must have VIDEO and/or Multiple Screenshots as proof*):
The purpose of this video is just to show Evan was on at the same time as the "Targeting". You'll have to take my word that the warn came within 1 minute of this clip and were given by Nazu. I go into more detail below regarding why I don't have more clips

Other/What happened:

Nazu was Detective, I was an innocent with low HP. I found another detective's health station and started healing. After being halfway done, Nazu started trying to heal, which stopped my healing. I asked maybe 2-3 times to stop and then shot them in the head. They reported, I wrote "don't be an ass". They didn't forgive.

Evan placed an 'aslay' on me a few rounds later, it was mid round IIRC and I was a traitor. I confirmed I had no "KOSable" reason to shoot them, but they were being a jerk and so I shot them. I bitched for a minute or two mostly because I dislike when people keep their reports when they know the RDM wasn't completely random. Was it slay worthy? Sure.

During my traitor round (aslay applied), I said I'd kill Nazu first on all my T rounds. I killed them that round.

A couple rounds later / new map I wrote in admin chat "tfw a mod/janitor keeps their report on you" or something along those lines. A couple rounds into that map I grabbed Nazu with my grappling hook (as a detective) and carried them near a spike pit, they broke loose before I could bring them in. They then stood still near the edge, knowing I was going to try again. I grabbed them to suspend them in the pit but they died. I got 8 warn points for targeting.

I RDM'd Nazu, I said I was going to target Nazu when I was a Traitor, and I RDM'd Nazu once more 4 or 5 rounds later. I "fucked around" and "found out".

I've seen other players RDM a lot more than twice in X rounds and get slayed, but I get 4/5 of a 1 day ban. I believe that is due to my actions being against a staff member, of whom I have no history or rapport. I knew I was breaking the rules. I knew it was likely there would be some punishment. I did not know, based on my experience with seeing other people's punishments, that I'd get 4/5 of a 1 day ban for my actions.

A couple points:

I assume staff handle "warn system" judgements with discretion.

If another staff member was handling Nazu's issue, I don't think I would have received 8 warn points

If I acted against a non-staff member, I don't think Nazu would have awarded the same punishment

I don't think a staff member should preside over their own report when another staff member is online

Messages In This Thread
jcope's complain :baby_crying: thread - by jcope - 05-23-2023, 04:56 PM