Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My Defense
Response Post:
As of 11:45 pm, seeing little activity, im going to bed. I will update/answer questions as they come in tomorrow. Good night.
As questions are asked, I'll quote then respond to them here.
Update 1: Forgot screenshot in part 5 because i'm not very smart
Update 2: Fixed broken quote box

(04-12-2024, 10:20 PM)reina Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 10:00 PM)Jammin Wrote:
Jammin Wrote:So wolf’s still kind of harassing Milly sexually but that’s between those two.
During this time, as I said, this was being discussed as a possible case of sexual harassment. I was asserting that it appeared that Chief’s conduct was indeed sexual harassment, not consensual sexual engagement.
what did you mean by "but that's between those two"?
It appeared at that early state of the investigation that there was no jurisdiction for Dink admins to get involved, as it involved two private people - an inactive staff member, and Ashly's friend who isn't in the community - and nothing was taking place on Dinkleberg servers (forums, discord, steam, game servers). Also bear in mind, there was a strong possibility at this point that the two persons were adults, as nothing about age had come out yet to my knowledge.
This was a bad opinion to hold, as Chief's conduct in general falls under the admin team's jurisdiction. This is why I'm glad this opinion was corrected very shortly after being made.

(04-12-2024, 10:21 PM)Battons Wrote: The order of GSU owners was Jabba - ultra fish - myself - jammin - Gabe, to my knowledge it was Gabe however I don’t know who ran it after Jammin. During the time this situation happened Mr Ultrafish was running GSU with me being his assistant.
I handed GSU off to Ryzif after I resigned.

(04-13-2024, 12:09 AM)GooseFraba Wrote: Imagine having a mini meltdown and now everyone has to be implicated in member'berries. 
We are supposed to be a community who builds each other, not finger pointers who need to totem pole their actions to get attention
jammin you a good man and i dont believe you have to make an essay over a sentence you said out of context.
I appreciate all of the kind words. I really do.
But, I feel it is important to clear up any misunderstandings. I think it is important for this community to have restored trust in their admin team, knowing how seriously they take any such report.
I take this seriously, as there's an implication that "we ban victims for coming forward" with regards to the Ashly situation. I hope that rumor can be dispelled, as that is simply not what happened - and I kinda feel I may be the spokesperson of the Ashly ban simply because I was the last person to officially talk to Ashly.

(04-13-2024, 08:48 AM)whecheweer Wrote: "For the record, I have requested a transparent investigation by the admin team be conducted into my past conduct" - Jammin 2024
cops looking into themselves is biased. Admins looking into pedophila is biased too apparently.

To be clear, none of the admins currently were admins at the time of this incident, if my math is correct.
Also, I haven't been an admin for well over a year, and will never staff here again.
My reputation is under attack and I'm seeking the only remedy I have to clear it.

(04-13-2024, 08:48 AM)whecheweer Wrote: I want to immedieatly adress that I was 14 exactly when chief started sending sexual messages to me. I honestly think this should have been easilt deducted when i told jammin the "victim" was 14. But I digress because clearly wording needs to be more specific than a thesuarus.

Just addressing this point, there were lies from the start about this being your "friend." You didn't in any way suggest this was you, and we had to find that out through other means. You didn't say that YOU were 14, you said your "friend" was 14.
At this stage, we had no way to know what your age was, and your credibility was frankly, tarnished at that stage.

(04-13-2024, 08:48 AM)whecheweer Wrote: "It appeared at that early state of the investigation that there was no jurisdiction for Dink admins to get involved, as it involved two private people - an inactive staff member, and Ashly's friend who isn't in the community - and nothing was taking place on Dinkleberg servers"
Aswell as this, does this really mean that since chief only played 3 times a year instead of four that doesn't count? If he had messaged a 14 year old boy who never played on gmod it wouldn't count even with proof because said boy never played a game? Isn't that then allowing a pedophile the ability to continue the outreach of what you don't know?

To be clear - at this stage there was an assumption that the 14 year old boy part was a lie, just as the victim part was. When we got further clarification on that, we acted appropriately. Had I known at the time that Chief was an adult and the victim was definitely 14, I certainly would have said something different. But, we had no evidence - hence me practically begging for you to confirm an age. Your refusal to do so was a major factor into the ban you received.

(04-13-2024, 08:48 AM)whecheweer Wrote: Maybe it was because apparently you gave chief a whole ass "Hearing" about his side of the story where I was presented with 4 unseeming questions from jammin. Had I genuienly known that was my final chance to tell the admins "Hey idiots! Where the hell didd you get this story?" I would have.
I never one spoke to Chief, have never spoken to Chief, and never will. Chief can go find himself a dark hole to bury himself in for all I care.

To be clear, my message to Melodine was: "Hi,
We've received Chief's side of the story now. He revealed that you are the "victim" provided in the screenshots (to clarify we did not share the screenshots)
We have SS's from his perspective and from yours now.
Did you have any comment or statement you wish to make regarding this situation? "
I feel that is fairly clear as to us wanting any information you wish to make. But, given that you were facing a community ban, probably more should have been done.
But, the admin team seemed full ready to ban without any sort of comment from you. I wasn't going to stand for that, and gave you an opportunity to comment.

whecheweer Wrote:(from the dropbox):
// what jammin never understood and garunteed never will is that I removed my name from the screenshots because i was disgusted by myself
// I hated everything I had done with chief and my life up until this point, but clearly thats a sob story that doesn't matter.
// I was dating adults as a minor my whole life until this point and I was going to make sure it ended with chief.
// Contacting jammin was supposed to be freeing and uplifting. Instead I got a community ban, called a pedophila by the wider community, and apparently called a blackmailer to someone sexually talking to who they knew was a minor.
// My first instance with a pedophile was when i was 12 and I had been attempting to chase that same high/love and affection ever since to escape my abusive mother.
// What I faced in this community is the worst thing any child could have faced. Being told to my face that its too bad you got groomed by adults.
// while there are decreptincies such as "I never cared about age" That was because I was weak to litterally anyone that made me feel like i belonged.
// Obviosuly you all will never change your minds but the true wool over your eyes (hi pauling!!!) was beliving in the admins.
// and to reina, you are a bitch lmao do not EVER try turning your back on me like that, and say i was proud to be a reverse pedophile. Then expect calling out jammin to be like a thank you from beyond.
// I hope karma hits you harder than a brick covered in lemon juice.
"Contacting jammin was supposed to be freeing and uplifting. Instead I got a community ban, called a pedophila by the wider community, and apparently called a blackailer to someone sexually talking to who they knew was a minor."

I can understand where you come from with regards to reaching out to the admins and getting the community ban.
Quite frankly, the issuance of a community ban didn't sit right with me. I see where you come from.
I was the last admin to get convinced over, and I did what I could to be your advocate, by insisting that you have the right to give a defense.

That being said, I don't understand the second part. I don't believe you were ever called a pedo by the wider community, and even if that did happen, that has nothing to do with me. Even 2 years ago, we took great care to clearly establish that your issues were separate.

Additional commentary given Melodine's response:
It seems that I was made the scapegoat here, quite frankly. I probably defended Melodine harder than anyone else here realizes. I really hope that someone, either who was there at the time, or someone on the admin team today, is willing to independently confirm that.

(04-13-2024, 08:48 AM)whecheweer Wrote: Which I did get better even after being banned. I recived a job and now make my own money, I have suceeded in art somewhat, and am now living a some what happy life.

Melodine, what you went thru is horrific, and I'm glad that you have moved on with your life. I do think some of your behavior was reprehensible, as you openly admit in your commentary, but as I indicated in my slideshow - I was not comfortable with the community ban. Your conduct was definitely worthy of staff demotion, but not necessarily of any type of ban - let alone a community ban. But, I did vote for it, and I am complicit in that ban just as the other admins at the time were. I have no intention to throw them under the bus, and subject them to the toxicity i've been subjected to over these past few days.
I am happy to hear that you have moved on with your life, and are living your happy life. I wish you well in your future.

4/14 Update after Voss's post and Melodine's appeal:
The wrongs of the past need to be rectified. Any issues with Melodine of the past were not worthy of a ban, let alone a community ban.
I apologize for my complicity in the ban, as my vote was required along with the other admins. Given the context today, this was a horrific situation that Melodine went thru, and we as an admin team helped her by banishment.
That is shameful and I hope this will be rectified.

@Deer-ly as I offered on your appeal, if you want to discuss further my actions in your defense my DMs are now open. So far you have chosen not to reach out, which is fine also.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks

Messages In This Thread
My Defense - by Jammin - 04-12-2024, 10:00 PM
RE: My Defense - by bunniey - 04-12-2024, 10:00 PM
RE: My Defense - by Jammin - 04-12-2024, 10:01 PM
RE: My Defense - by Deadpoolz - 04-12-2024, 10:11 PM
RE: My Defense - by reina - 04-12-2024, 10:20 PM
RE: My Defense - by Battons - 04-12-2024, 10:21 PM
RE: My Defense - by Gabe - 04-12-2024, 10:26 PM