Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's what I'm doing (9/22/17)
Hello everyone,

I'm sure many of you have noticed an upsurge in my activity, and I'd like to share with you guys my plans for the near future.

1. First thing on my agenda is resolving the issue with TTT lagging.
Now some of the very recent lag (high ping and spikes) is happening because I recently moved the server over to a VDS (dedicated machine). To my dismay, I found out that this isn't ideal for hosting Gmod servers, and I'll be switching back to the regular hosting for the servers I moved over (ttt,darkrp) at some point today (Friday the 22).

We have concluded that the cause of the connection lag and lag at the start of rounds is both utime (little box in top right corner that shows your time) and Pointshop2 combined. I've figured out a way to fix Pointshop (I think), so after some testing that should be fixed. 

Utime might be a different story. For some reason this current version of utime causes a good bit of lag when people connect to the server. I've been trying to figure out a solution which involves us being able to keep utime, but haven't been able to figure anything out as of yet. I'm still searching for an alternative. If worst comes to worst, utime may have to be removed in order to have a lag-free server once more.

2. Vanilla TTT..... Clearly this isn't shaping up to be what I thought it would, so I'm gonna go back to my original plan B. I'd like to make the vanilla server into an exact carbon copy of the regular TTT server right now, and maybe name it something like "Dinkleberg's TTT 2" or something like that. Essentially, this server would exist for times when the main server is full, and the overflow of players trying to join could go there instead. If it ends up being empty all the time, I'll just take it down, but this seems like it could be very useful in primetime hours when we have lots of people who want to play. Everything would transition and be intertwined between the servers (including exact same pointshop on the same database), the only exception to this is the experience addon. This data is stored locally and therefore would be individual to each server, however ranks would still carry over.

3. After TTT is done, I'm gonna transition over to PropHunt and try to tidy up a couple things there. One of the main things I'll be focusing on is the chat. I'm either gonna fix the team chat issue or if I can't get that to work I'll probably end up switching back over to the *non-enhanced* version of PropHunt. 

4. I'm gonna do my best to be more active on the forums and try to disperse my time between servers as best I can.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, long live Dinkleberg's Gmod.

-Dad

Messages In This Thread
Here's what I'm doing (9/22/17) - by Dinkleberg >:( - 09-22-2017, 03:09 PM
RE: Here's what I'm doing (9/22/17) - by Foxka - 09-22-2017, 04:52 PM
RE: Here's what I'm doing (9/22/17) - by Camo - 09-23-2017, 12:19 PM